Why have loot specialization

I have my loot spec’ed for MM and Blizzard keeps giving me polearm’s from the invasion cache. I don’t care if I am given gear with crappy stats but when I start getting gear that isn’t even for my spec it gets a little irritating. Why even have loot specialization if you are going to give us the wrong gear?

Well that’s my rant.

for Gnomeregan!

4 Likes

Agreed. It’s as if they forgot that loot specialization existed.

4 Likes

Be grateful you get free gear. C:

But yeah I head from my friend he never gets 1 handed weapons for his enhancement shaman. I don’t know why tho.

It isn’t free, I had to actually go out and do things to get the reward.

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me started as to why I said ‘‘free gear’’ obviously you gotta do something, but it’s not quite compared to the effort of a Heroic raid.

Tho that would have been an argument for weeks ago. Now we have a new raid tier, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Because loot spec was just supposed to be for raids, they didn’t intend people to be lazy and demand to purely gear up via warfronts and WQs and such.

But the grousing is being rewarded, they are changing it I believe in 8.1.5.

Please tell me where it was only supposed to be for raids?

Watch it, you are gonna get called an elitist or something like that for saying that you should put effort in gearing up and not getting it for almost nothing.

Any idea if they are gonna boost Incursions rewards?

‘‘Loot Specialization is a feature introduced in Patch 5.3 which allows players to set the loot priority for their character to favor a particular specialization. This loot priority setting only affects bonus rolls, Raid Finder loot, World Bosses loot and Heroic Scenario loot.’’

From WoWwiki (ewww) cuz I couldn’t find anything on wowpedia.

It wasn’t introduced with Incursions in mind. I don’t understand why people complain tho, you are getting easy high end gear but you want it on YOUR terms?

it isn’t high end gear, far from it. And why is it hard for you to understand that getting gear for the wrong spec is a valid complaint. It does people no good to get gear they don’t use. I am not complaining about getting gear with crappy stats, I am complaining about gear I cannot use.

Right now it ain’t of course, but back then it was. For someone who’s never done any content higher than LFR it is definitely high end gear.

Well I kinda bow here, you are right.

All I know is this;

where they said it was changing.