Talanji's emissary quest : and again they did it

I was surprised as many to see that 370 weapon reward, until i actually got the reward : a lovely & absolutely useless 370 off-hand. For a ww monk.
Nice one Blizzard, next time please give me a fishing pole, at least i can use it
did i read : a weapon for your class / spec in the questline ? maybe next time we should get some sushi sticks ? i heard ancient monks were using them ! come on !

note to self : don’t get too excited when there is something new / attractive in game : usually either it’s nonsense, or bugged. (or both)

edit : i thought i’d add that detail now, it’s not the 1st, on the last 2 assaults + that one, i got : 3 off-hands. not one, not two : 3 . Yay ! no wonder people are paying to get carried through M+10…

7 Likes

I would think with all of the QQ in the forums and in trade chat that Blizz would get the message–NO ONE LIKES TO GET A REWARD THEY WON’T USE–make these rewards loot-spec specific. It will make your players happy and it doesn’t throw off any balance, etc. You’re just pissing people off at this point.

5 Likes

I completed Talanji’s stupid emissary quest for a 360 cache weapon for my class. I am a fury warrior, and receive a 360 shield. What am I going to do with that? l know Activision has been messing up lately, but giving me a SHIELD for a FURY warrior is outright obnoxious.

1 Like

checking in, 1h sword reward for ret, what a gut punch

2 Likes

Got a shield for my enhance shaman. This is the third shield I’ve gotten and the fourth wrong spec weapon I’ve gotten from these caches. I mean come on I’m still stuck with a 330 weapon. I should have switched spec before I turned it in since it seems to so aggressively give wrong spec stuff.

2 Likes

ahah u gave me an idea : i will try that next time : setup for another spec and maybe, maybe get the spec i actually want.
i put a lot of time in this game, but i’m always thinking if i was playing only a few hours a week and on week ends and something like that happens to me and again and again, i’ll quit.

360 survival polearm for my BM hunter alt

with all the things broken this expansion not sure if these new useless caches are a joke or working as intended

1 Like

Thought it odd that they’d just be handing out 370 weapons… yep, 3 characters, 3 totally useless items… (Fist for my Fury Warrior, Polearm for my Prot Pally, and a Staff for BM hunter). I don’t usually subscribe to all the doom and gloom stuff, but at this point they (those on the inside who still actually care) have to feel like the guy who’s job it was to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

1 Like

Yup, same here… got something else other then the loot spec I wanted.

1 Like

Hahahah thanks, i almost spit my vodka on my pizza ! ahaha excellent

On my balance druid i got an agi polearm, on my holy paladin I got a strength sword, and on my ele shaman I got an agi fist weapon. It’s like they programmed it to give you the wrong gear every time. What is this?

1 Like

Yep, polearm for my prot warrior. everyone in general was saying they got loot for the wrong specs.

1 Like

I just posted about Incursion rewards having the same problem. It’s so annoying.

1 Like

Had the same thing happen on a new warrior alt. Got a one handed weapon but never play protection. When contacting a Gm to ask get told “working as intended”.

But I could send in a suggestion about it!

Yea thanks

1 Like

This is hilarious and why I stopped bothering with that ratrace. It’s like they’re actively trying to get people to quit the game.

1 Like

and yesterday, what did i get from the lovely weapon cache / invasion : ladies and gents, after 3 consecutive off-hands now i got ta tannn : a STAFF. Yep, a 2h STAFF, for a WW monk, i have NEVER EVER played with a 2 hands since i started wow 6 months ago. Anyway, i’m kind of getting used ot it now so nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe i should play with my Rogue to get the right weapon, i have to think about that :wink:
and happy new year everyone

I feel your pain. I’ve been trying to get the iLevel 370 staff that can drop from those emissary quests.

Instead what I’ve gotten so far was a dagger and an off-hand weapon. RNG can be a pain - Especially when trying to get a specific item for your characters class and spec.

I switched spec to resto after I got a staff as enhance. I got a shield again but I guess it was technically the right spec?

Just completed the Stormshield Incursion hoping for an item I could use. I got a polearm. A halberd. For my MM bow wielding hunter. At this point is it even worth bothering with incursions? Emissary quests? Anything in BFA at all?

People will be happy to see this is confirmed being addressed in the upcoming new season:

1 Like