Loot spec isn't giving correct loot

As with the game being more and more buggy than i have ever experienced, loot spec doesn’t even work.

I keep myself in loot spec holy 100% of the time, and gather off spec items via trades.

So why then does my loot spec for holy award me a 2h 370 weapon designed for ret?

1 Like

Sadly, it’s the same reason my ret pally gets 90% holy gear. It’s because Loot Spec is only for dungeons/raids. For emissary and world quests it’s full RNG.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Are you talking about the incursion loot? Because it’s not spec specific. It awards just a rando 370 item. I would double check that mace because I got INT 2h hammer on my paladin before.

Where exactly did you get the weapon from?

Because world quest items and emmisary rewards ignore loot specializations and always have.

Disgusting truth from a disgusting gnome.

I see no issue with loot spec beard implement in the outside world. Limiting it to dungeons and raids is ridiculous for people who don’t do dungeons and raids

1 Like

my ally shaman got 350 and 365 agi weapons, and he’s ele.

my horde shaman got 370 int mace and 365 shield, as ele.

my warlock has gotten 370 int dagger, as demo.

those are the only ones i’ve really messed with. with this warlock anything he gets will be usable though as he can’t change roles. so if he got a dagger or staff it wouldn’t matter as it all works for his specs.

Loot spec does not apply to Incursions, Emissary chests, and WQs.

You…cannot possibly be serious. :roll_eyes:

You are not, and should not be, able to get the best gear by doing simple world quests, warfronts, and other open-world content. It’s pretty much all the content I do as well, but I do not expect to be as geared as mythic+ and raid-runners.

Be serious here, bro.

1 Like

Correct, as it has always worked, loot spec does not apply to world content. It’s only there for content like raids where you have to play one specific spec to function with your group, but where you’d still like off spec gear and added was specifically for personal loot addition.

None of that applies to world content currently or in the past.

My problem with one handed caster weapons… is I so rarely get off hands that I end up using the staff even if it’s lower. (I got lucky with the one I’m using on this guy).

:cookie:

The Blizzard people said in November that they don’t care about this, that it’s a non-issue

my oh for so long was the one from lfr. i did a normal raid with my guild and begged the oh i’m using off of a priest who had better. but i’d much rather have gotten a 360 or so staff and used that instead. my ally shaman has a 350 staff that i use sometimes and then put it in his bank at others. i miss the ARMOR from a shield and would rather use the crafted stuff i bought him that’s 340 most of the time instead.

now we have to ask ourselves… we’re in dresses. why are warlocks and priests not able to use shields?

that is not how it always worked, maybe that’s how it always worked in BFA but when world quests and emissary stuff started in legion i didn’t get Ret legendaries from holy loot spec. I didn’t get 2hs that didn’t have int when i was in holy loot spec.

so no, this is something blizzard did to further increase the randomness of gearing in the game. This was a decision in BFA to continue to award massive amounts of loot, but have an even smaller percentage of it be useful.

Legendaries are not the same kther loot drops, they were a possible chance of being given to you on most content.

In legion, there were no other weapons given out, so you never really noticed, but YES this is how it has worked for over a full expansion.

You misunderstand me. I don’t want to do WQ or Bosses and get a 1hand for my 2hand spec. Sure I don’t need to get a high ilvl item… but don’t insult me with something I CAN’T even use.

I change specs on my toons when turning in quests and I usually get the type of gear I was wanting. Example: switching to SV in the hopes of getting a bow or gun, because it’s always a polearm in MM spec.

1 Like

perhap some of you guys need to pay attention to the blues…

Actually it is not full RNG.
It is “class loot”.
You get loot for your class but not necessarily your spec.