Loot Specialization Is Pointless

I don’t understand the point of Loot Specialization, when I am still given items that my spec would never use. Just now, I opened up my 7th Legion Cache, with Protection set as my Loot Specialization, yet I was given 7th Legionnaire’s Spellhammer. An item with Intellect, no Strength, and minimal weapon damage, yet the game insists that it is a Protection item.

1 Like

They don’t either lately, apparently.

2 Likes

I had a 2H hammer as a reward on my Shaman the other day. Doesn’t even matter which spec I am. Is this Classic already?

Any warriors get dagger drops? Curious how often it comes up that someone can get a weapon they can physically use, but has zero viability in any spec.

It’s that way by design apparently (since Legion). There is no utility in it for the players. I have to assume it’s to prevent us from quickly getting the items we want and forcing us to roll the dice over and over. Gross isn’t it?

Some of it will get better in season 2

2 Likes

Well that’s a relief. Though it made sense for the WQs since if you change your loot spec, and even log off, the rewards don’t change. Noticed that back in Legion. Though it is frustrating for emissaries and assaults…