Unofficial Playable Tuskarr Discussion Thread

In my own personal opinion, it seemed like the Tuskarr were being set up as a playable race this expansion. They’ve been requested since WotLK and with updated features like female Tuskarr, children, a racial hub area, and even a racial mount, they have a lot going for them.

While we still have a few patches, I don’t know if the chances Tuskarr will become playable during then will happen. I feel like it would’ve been something announced at Blizzcon. Maybe we’ll be surprised, but even if not, it isn’t like they couldn’t become playable in the future. Especially as we go to back Northrend in The Last Titan. Maybe the Dragon Isles Tuskarr would want to connect with the Northrend Tuskarr.

Regardless, I still think the chances of playable Tuskarr are pretty decent. They’d work very well as a neutral race also. I’ve even saved a character slot for making a Tuskarr character just in case. Planning on a male Survival Hunter, going Horde if possible. I imagine him exploring the world (of Warcraft!) with his ottuk pet to this tune:

Hopefully we’ll see them playable someday. I’ll try to help keep the support up so they aren’t forgotten!

:fishing_pole_and_fish::seal:

2 Likes

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

I haven’t gotten the recipe to make the item that turns you into a Tuskarr yet, so here is a couple of dancing walruses instead:

As mentioned before, I saved a character slot for a playable Tuskarr character since it seemed like the chances of them becoming playable seemed fairly high. Of course, we’re moving away from Dragonflight without much word on that. But even if nothing comes from it, there is still quite a bit of work put them into, as well as us likely meeting with the Northrend Tuskarr again when we return there in The Last Titan.

Speaking of Dragonflight, the next patch comes out on the 16th with “Dragon Isles Epilogues” being a feature:

I’m sure the Dragon Isles Tuskarr might be part of that, though who knows what that’ll be. Maybe they’ll want to go exploring new lands and such. Regardless, I’ll keep an eye out for anything of Tuskarr interest and help report it here.

Until then, here is to a new year! Cheers!

3 Likes

I think Blizz is going to leave all the people that want Tuskarr’s as a playable race in the same boat they are leaving all the Ogre lovers in.

My guess is your going to have to settle with the Blubbery Cupcake, that’s as close to the Tuskarr as a playable race your going to get, just like they have the Ogre drink during the Brewfest Festival.

Tuskarr are so close to playable I hope we get to see them added soon!

Would be a good race for Neutrality. One group of them joining the Alliance and the other the Horde.

3 Likes

I think Tuskarr have the best chances to become a playable race in The Last Titan. I hope we will get this expansion really soon to see if we are right about this. But we can be sure we will get some time screen for them in The Last Titan.

3 Likes

Please no, we don’t really need another cute looking race.
DF Tuskarrs looks straight out of a Disney+ movie

Seems like a lot of trouble they went through to update the model. Its almost player ready from what I’ve seen. Really thought they’d be the next race.

3 Likes

Even the peacefully Tuskarr can become ferocious warriors when they need to protect their home and their sacred lands.

Imgur
(Girok Brathradral - by Sam Nilsson)

3 Likes

Tuskarr should be playable I swear.

2 Likes

YES… I even sent Blizzard request for this back when WoTLK first dropped… I wanted my dwarf to look more like this than a dwarf…

if War Within Included A Tuskarr Shaman… I’M IN!

Just wanted to add… their totems would be a whale’s back bone and these shamans would have the ability to swim much faster than other races and could transform like the druid Aquatic Form. Plus being from the artic type weather, the shaman would specialize in cold or frost damage instead of fire/lava damage

2 Likes

Hard no from me.

I don’t like being used as a weapon of mass destruction by whatever faction the writers have decided is good this expansion. I would have happily joined the gnolls for Dragonflight and hunted these husky breathed walrus freaks to extinction.
Same goes for centaurs, dragons, etc.

Wut?

Any hope for 10.2.6? It can be pirate patch or maybe the decay patch with Gnolls attacking the tree, in both versions Tuskarr has a minimum of chance to participate.

3 Likes

Who knows. They won’t tell us anything about it for now so anyones guess.

3 Likes

Some pictures about a Tuskarr in the Alliance and in the Horde :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Imgur
(Iskaara Tuskarr coming to see in Stormwind)

Imgur
(Iskaara Tuskarr visiting Stormwind)

Imgur
(Iskaara Tuskarr asking his way in Stormwind)

Imgur
(Kalu’ak Tuskarr coming to see in Orgrimmar)

Imgur
(Kalu’ak Tuskarr visiting Orgrimmar)

Imgur
(Kalu’ak Tuskarr asking his way in Orgrimmar)

I hope to see this one day. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

3 Likes

Really was thinking the Tuskarr would have been a no brainer for a neutral AR for everyone at the end of Dragonflight.

Hope to see em one day.

3 Likes

I honestly thought we’d see Tuskarr announced and maybe be an early access pre-order bonus for the next expansion. Kinda feels empty to not see that happen, given a lot of things seem to set them up as a playable race to where I reserved a slot for a Tuskarr character just in case. Ah well. Maybe someday.

Also, in reference to the screenshots above, you can turn off the name plates above your pets in the options’ Interface menu under Names where it says minions for friendly and enemy players. That way, you don’t need to make edits to the images to remove names and such. :smiley:

2 Likes

So I was camping the Hearthstone event mobs and noticed there was a Tuskarr vendor that sells refreshments in Durotar:

Why is this important? Well, if you recall, the Northrend Tuskarr were said to not be able to survive long in climates outside of Northrend. However, this Tuskarr, who I’m guessing would be from the Dragon Isles but I am not 100% sure, is alive and well. Not even bothered by the climate in Durotar.

So I’m guessing this means some Tuskarr, possibly the Iskaara Tuskarr, are able to survive just fine outside of their home climates. And if that is true, then Iskaara Tuskarr would be a prime candidate for the playable Tuskarr faction since they would be able to travel as adventurers.

It likely is something Blizzard didn’t really think of when they put that Tuskarr there, but it’s important to point out now as a counter argument to Tuskarr not being able to survive outside cold areas. Hopefully we’ll see them on that character creation screen someday!

4 Likes

Iskaara Tuskarr beginning her travel on Azeroth in Iskaara. When the cinematic is finished, the new created Iskaara Tuskarr will be here near to Brena to begin her adventure on Azeroth.

Imgur

Kalu’ak Tuskarr beginning her travel on Azeroth in Moa’ki Harbor. When the cinematic is finished, the new created Kalu’ak Tuskarr will be here near to Kalu’ak guards to begin her adventure on Azeroth.

Imgur

Brena will be the chief of the Tuskarr in the Alliance and Elder Ko’nani will be the chief of the Tuskarr in the Horde.

Can’t wait to see this one day. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

Really wish they’d let us have the tuskarr already.

They went through all that trouble to update em good.

2 Likes