The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

Blizzard has a good chance of impressing players with the addition of sauroks as a playable race.

:heart: :crocodile:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be so happy with Saurok!

Iā€™ve grown rather fond of my story for Ssisko.

2 Likes

As I said before, seeing playable Horde Saurok officially announced would be on the hype levels of a Smash Bros. character reveal for me. It would be a dream come true, and I would be much more likely to stick with the game long term.

Whatever happens in the future, Iā€™ll still keep some character slots reserved for potential Saurok characters if we get lucky! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

If you call him Commander/Captain Ssisko, beam me up Sscotty.

2 Likes

There is a long story with his name and that is a part of it. Lol

2 Likes

Gonna make this post in both my megathreads with the usual slight edits to make it fit the theme of the megathread this gets posted in.

The WoW Community Council forums are now up. You can see them here:

Based on my understanding, only those part of the council can post there. There is suppose to be a minimum of 100 people, with them getting cycled out every year and opening applications again around that time.

As for my own thoughts on it, I need to see what is done with it before I can really give my opinion on it. I need to see long term commitment and actual evidence that what people are posting is being listened to. Not just there of course, but also other parts of these forums as well. There has been great feedback in general across different places on the internet on different aspects of the game, and hopefully it all will get consideration as well.

If I see any posts of interests there that relates to here, Iā€™ll be sure to share them. As for me, I opted not to apply as I want to see how the whole thing is utilized before I consider such a thing. Iā€™m hoping good things come from it as opposed to it being a PR move, but weā€™ll see what happens as time goes on.

And if anyone on the council is reading this, if you could put in a good word for the race request megathreads in general, it would be greatly appreciated! You can see a list of them here within the Sanā€™layn megathread:

Hoping for the best for the WoW Council, but will keep expectations tempered as usual. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Could anyone tell me if the members have already been chosen?
Who are these members and how was the selection criteria?

As far as I know, all members have been chosen for this first round, and Blizzard will be rolling out invites over several days if I understand correctly. Itā€™ll last for one year, where everyone on the current council gets the boot and everyone can reapply for another round, with a minimum of 100 people on the council at any point and time.

As for the application process, from what I heard, you allegedly had to provide at least three examples of things youā€™ve done outside the official forums with your application. Iā€™m not really sure what all was part of the application process myself, as I didnā€™t apply for it.

As for how people were selected, Iā€™ve no idea what the selection process criteria was, and weā€™ll only really know the members on the council if they post in that section of the forums I linked. There seems to be a decent variety so far, though I am hoping there will be several types of players part of this council to be able to be apart of it.

I havenā€™t seen anyone from any of the race request megathreads so far as part of it. I think invites are still being rolled out, so weā€™ll see what happens. If I see any posts of interest, Iā€™ll be sure to link to them.

Regardless of what happens with that council, Iā€™m still planning to continue onward here and in other race request megathreads, at least for now. Hopefully, the focus wonā€™t entirely be on the council, as there are a lot of passionate players with great ideas across the different race request megathreads that would add a lot to the game! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

I came across another video that goes over the lore of the Lizardmen (Seraphon) from Warhammer. This video has a lot of great art pieces, animations, and such that work very well as Saurok idea inspiration.

Itā€™s a bit long, but if you need something to listen to for roughly 48 minutes, you can see the video here:

It is said that Saurok were heavily inspired by Warhammerā€™s Lizardmen, which is neat if true. There are some interesting similarities between the two, though some big differences to make them both unique to each other.

Also interesting to note is that the Lizardmen (Seraphon) are said to be the most important race to Warhammerā€™s universe for various reasons based on their lore. While I donā€™t see Saurok having that title in Warcraft, it would be neat to see them play an important role in the future someday! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

That is by far one of my favorite things about them.

2 Likes

The only race in Warhammer Fantasy that are actually doing something about the Chaos threatā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s cool to see what appears to be a primitive and savage race be something that ends up fighting against an army of Chaos that would decimate a world. I realize the Lizardmen/Seraphon may not entirely be benevolent, but itā€™s still cool to see how they operate and why they are on the Order faction of Age of Sigmar.

With Saurok, as I likely mentioned before, itā€™d be a neat thing to see what the Mogu intended on using as slave soldiers for world domination end up fighting the Mogu and other threats to the world (of Warcraft!) in order to protect the world. Something about that concept seems really fitting, especially since playable Saurok as Horde champions would be saving the world (of Warcraft!) many times as a result.

Just some cool things to think about with playable Horde Saurok! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Made for war and destruction, then turn around and fight for the preservation of the world?

I like it.

2 Likes

There is a bit of sweet irony in the idea that the Mogu created slave soldiers as a way to start taking over the world (of Warcraft!), only to have the Saurok be one of the leading causes for the downfall of the Mogu empire, eventually leading into them helping to protect the world (of Warcraft!) from Mogu and other greater threats.

There is also a bit of irony with this line of thinking with Garrosh, who originally wanted to utilize the power that made the Darkhatched Tribe of Saurok to, if I recall correctly, make his own personal Saurok army, only to have Saurok eventually join the Horde he detested and help protect the world (of Warcraft!) instead of dominating it.

Itā€™s just a cool line of thinking if we did get playable Horde Saurok. In such a case, itā€™s kinda funny that the Mogu created something with the intent of domination, only to have it help protect Azeroth in general. Itā€™s a cool aspect of playable Horde Saurok I really like and would be a fun fact. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Oh man I forgot about that partā€¦

Ohā€¦ oh noā€¦

Iā€™m thinking of Saurok character storiesā€¦ oh gods.

2 Likes

Protecting the world from the scum of the multiverse.
And thatā€™s why I easily imagine them doing it, like in this video.

The most unlikely and unexpected heroes in the world.

3 Likes

Love that video.

2 Likes

This is something I need to think on more, myself. Right now, any Saurok character ideas I have would generally involve them having a vendetta against Mogu for obvious reasons. I think if we happen to get playable Horde Saurok, I could see what their lore and storylines are to have a better direction for my Saurok charactersā€™ backstories.

Iā€™ll have to ponder on it in the meantime! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

As you can tell by the flexing Saurok, Winter Veil has arrived in-game!

Iā€™ll be gradually taking festive screenshots when I can while the event is live. In the meantime, whatever everyoneā€™s plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil! :christmas_tree::crocodile:

2 Likes

They look really good doing that Emote.

I hope to have my Saurok sometime within the next few yearsā€¦

Donā€™t skimp us on more ARā€™s Blizzard!

2 Likes