Canadian Dollar (CAD) Price Change for World of Warcraft Game Time (Excludes Subscriptions)

As World of Warcraft is played around the world, we regularly conduct reviews of the prices of our games and services in all currencies. From time to time, it’s necessary to make changes to certain pricing based on a variety of factors, including global and regional market conditions. After a careful evaluation, we wanted to provide notice that we’ll soon be adjusting the Canadian dollar (CAD) for World of Warcraft Game Time. Please note that currently, the CAD pricing to purchase WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will be unaffected by this price change.

The new CAD pricing for World of Warcraft Game Time, listed below, goes into effect today, December 16. This will affect future purchases, so any Game Time that has already been purchased for an account will not be affected by this.

New Price CAD
180 Days Game Time $115.99
90 Days Game Time $61.49
30 Days Game Time $21.99
Subscriptions Unaffected

To align with the new cost of 30 days of Game Time, when a WoW Token is purchased on the in-game auction house, it will be redeemed for $21.99 CAD of Battle.net Balance.

We know that people have many of options for entertainment, and we never take pricing adjustments such as this lightly. We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide Canadian players with great entertainment value.

If you would like to review your World of Warcraft Game Time and payment method, you can do so through Blizzard Account Management at any time.

5 Likes

nice

10 charss

It’s like watching an hurricane coming in from ocean on the shore, getting popcorn for the fury.

15 Likes

Between the loot changes and now this, yall just full of good news, aren’t ya?

/hunkers down.

27 Likes

Looks like the blizzard execs didn’t get a big enough bonus this year time to cash in on us Canadians I guess.

109 Likes

Jesus Christ, 22$ a month for a sub? That’s just gouging at that point. Not cool at all and rather disappointed.

84 Likes

It was fun while it lasted. Happy tidings to my fellow Canadians.
Slowing down the game and now another increase here.

I’m out.

75 Likes

Do that for America too. 22.00 would actually make me quit this addiction and move on to another one lol

58 Likes

What is the actual reason for this? 15 USD is still 19 CAD. Why are we being charged 3 bucks more a month?

161 Likes

Been waiting on a blue comment about Torghast and get this instead.

Unfortunately, that may be the only honest post we get, and indeed, it does explain some recent decisions…

10 Likes

Is this a out-of-season April Fool joke LOL just kidding

14 Likes

Imagine having an opportunity to, at the very least, keep things the same while times are tough for people but instead you sit there and go “nah, gouge em!”.

Unbelievably scummy move.

121 Likes

Damn, that’s horse****. Way to not be

15 Likes

Incredibly scummy move, Blizz. Of all the years to do this, this was not the time to do it. Just go free to play already, your team has made such a huge deal about Subs not mattering, so why bother? This is… actually rediculous.

There was already zero way I could ever justify this to a friend already at $19 a month, $21 a month is just the kick in the teeth.

64 Likes

:frowning:

11 Likes

I’m not completely sure and also uncertain if this will answer your question.

But I suspect US will see a sub price increase as well. Looks like they’re staggering these changes so as “not to shock the system”.

Might be completely wrong but would not be surprised.

11 Likes

Same thing happened to Australian prices a few weeks ago and blizzard never responded to any posts :frowning: let’s see if they reply here.

13 Likes

This is awesome.
Not only am I unaffected since the price increase is only for game time and not monthly subs, bit I also get more balance for my gold.

I’m very happy with this.

4 Likes

15 USD is still 19 CAD?

23 Likes

So they are effectively forcing us to go on a subscription basis rather than purchasing game time every month. Subscriptions still show up at $18.99/month. Wonder why they are forcing us to go on monthly plans rather than paying for time when we can…

9 Likes