3$ more for Canadian players now?

At this point the only thing WoW offers that other MMOs do not are the larger raids. Elsewise pretty much all the big MMOs have what WoW does, sometimes with even more on top of that since housing is standard in a lot of them. WoW’s a little in the past on a few things.

But yeah, if you want a good deal I would suggest FF14. You can get a cheap sub and it updates content more often than WoW does. It also has housing, more content for casuals, crafting events, things like treasure maps and fun games to play in your off time, etc. It has raids too, but they’re a different beast than WoW.

As is stands I pay for both games as as much as I like FF14, I also like the raiding in WoW.

Yup lets increase the price during a pandemic, very nice of you blizzard.
If doesnt affect me but I could see it affect some people and lose the only thing that keep them from getting crazy from 2020.

2 Likes

When I go to the shop, it says 21 dollars, but when I click the + button, it takes me to the shop but it says 18.99. Is that going to change? Because if it isn’t then I don’t see the issue here. Just do 1 month and cancel it whenever you want.

Already has a shop despite subs

You can prob get around it by setting location to in the us. Than paying in usd via your credit card assuming your bank dosent charge a transaction charge for paying in usd (myn dosent) as such you only pay the conversion.

Its literally only for the physical cards.
Blizz is forced due to international selling of physical items to put the appropriate tax on the physical item. So the slight raise in price was to match USA sub price. And the extra that puts it in the $21 neck of the woods is CAN tax on electronics.

I’m on the 6 month sub and with tax it’s still under 15 bucks a month. Inexpensive entertainment IMO. If you can’t afford that you probably should be focusing on your income sources rather than playing MMOs.

1 Like

this post isn’t empty blizzard jesus christ
#10chars

1 Like

So it doesn’t effect reccuring subscription cost. Good to know, for a quick moment I though judging by the op and other post in this thread that canadian subscription cost increased. In reality it was just the game cards people buy to pay for their sub cost.

"We have seen some confusion and wanted to clarify that this change does not affect CAD recurring subscriptions ".

common sense isn’t white knighting or trolling. if you can’t afford $3 you have more important things to worry about than a wow sub.

1 Like

Australia’s sub increase made them paying the same amount as the US in US dollars. That one was to account for exchange rate.

Why Canadians are now paying more than the US in USD is a mystery but given the timing I suspect someone just jumped the gun on those GST/HST changes scheduled next July.

The sub isn’t going up. Read the thread. The cost of game time cards went up because of the changes to taxes.

2 Likes

There was no change to taxes.

And we aren’t talking about game time cards which is a separate purchase and they didn’t need to be changing the monthly rate for that since they could have just changed the price of the card…

Maybe you need to read this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791

I paid my wife’s monthly sub a few days ago (she pays a Canadian sub) and it wasn’t any more expensive. ???

1 Like

And so a few days ago the price was the same for everyone. And no they didn’t increase the sub price, but they did increase other prices.

That is an odd way to indicate you are Canadian btw.

Im not. I live in Montana. My wife is Canadian and pays a Canadian sub. I will be moving to Canada soon but right now we live in the US.

What’s interesting is that this is only the prebought time, not the actual sub price. So if you are paying via just being subbed, there is no price change.

Could be more intended to close some type of loophole of buying that time and selling the code elsewhere to where you actually make money because exchange rates.

No, white knighting and trolling is white knighting and trolling.

If you are willing to hand over money for no reason whenever someone demands it, you should give me your lunch money because I said so.

But game time is a digital transaction (mostly)… the same credit card you use to buy game time is the same credit card used to buy a subscription.

Subscriptions and game time are both subject to the same taxes/rates. What’s weird here is that subscription prices aren’t affected at all.

The pricing structure doesn’t make sense. If both costs went up, then it would be plausible. Only one did. So either the tax laws are written in such an odd way as to exclude subscriptions from the new taxes (unlikely because they’ve always been taxed as goods)… or something else is going on here.

What other countries charge 3 dollars more for game time versus a subscription? This is the issue that stands out like a sore thumb.

Go play a FTP MMO and come back to us.