PSA: Increasing the cost for Canadian players

This wasn’t posted in the Classic forums, so I’m doing it now. Blizzard actually thinks the quality of their game, decisions, and GMs warrants a price increase.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791

Surprised they’re even allowed to play.

2 Likes

Playing on an east coast server, I’m surrounded by Canadians at all times. All they talk about is poutine or make weird jokes about penguins on ice flows. I’m glad they pay more.

2 Likes

The subscription price remains unchanged. It only impacts weirdos that buy Game Time.

I’m Canadian. I found that the other day and was kind of annoyed that they didn’t put it on this forum as well so it is a good thing to mention. The good thing is though that it is game time purchases not subscriptions (at this time anyway) so the recurring sub price is the same.

Isn’t Canadian money just out of a monopoly game?

1 Like

but yet, south americans pay less USD to access NA servers.

In a sane world there would be (1) Canadian server. It would be located in Quebec and the official language would be French. And all Canadian IPs would be locked to that server.

But we do not live in a sane world. :expressionless:

[Edit: a PVE-RP server, natch, because Canada is a PVE-RP nation-state]

lol what’s with the Canadian bashing? My guild and server are filled with Canadians and they are a lot of fun to play with.

I have no idea. My guild is filled with Canadians too. Everyone gets along.

Sowwy, it’s aboot time we all get along… Again sowwy

It’s pronounced sorey.

2 Likes

Probably coming to America soon too. Much inflation is happening right now with the massive printing of money by governments happening due to covid. It’s not something to get worked up over, it’s really as simple as if WoW stops making a profit, Blizzard and Activision will shut it down the next day.

So if players want it to keep going, they have to pay the cost it takes to keep it running. The more players who don’t pay to keep playing purely based on cost, means the less likely WoW will continue into the coming years.

1 Like

It’s not just COVID, money has been inflating for the 16 years it’s been since WoW was released. technically it’s cheaper than ever atm

1 Like

People are surrounded by Canadians and they don’t even know :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m aware that what you said is true. Though I think covid is accelerating inflation more than usual. I think the fed reserve bank has confirmed this also.

That’s some cute framing. It’s covid and not the trillions and trillions they printed as “stimulus.”

My post is not intended to be political. Either way, more inflation is happening now than previously. Even if it isn’t covid, it’s happening.

1 Like

The way Trudeau is going, Monopoly money will soon be worth more than CAD.

What they use the prince increase for is irrelevant to them.

Either pay the price hike or don’t play.