US Price Increase Incoming

Lol, yes.

It’s ok, I frequently get the white knight / shill thing. It’s part and parcel of having common sense and any measure of usable intelligence.

While I very frequently see ways I’m wrong and can improve (daily at least) many others are hella resistant to it. Even if logic is staring them in the face.

All good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

The sad thing about your post is that it has ten likes. That’s eleven of y’all that just don’t get it.

I shared exactly the same sentiment as Nadezhdha, does that make me a Blizzard employee on their personal account?

If you knew my life, you would shake your head at how completely off-base you are. Literally, you would, I guarantee it.

I can prove it too, if you want to put your money where your “look at how cool I am” post is. We can do a quick video chat. First I’ll show you proof of my income, which will show my in-laws as employers. Then I’ll introduce you to them both, and if their cognitive disabilities allow them to speak with any manner of cohesion - it varies quite a bit from day to day - they’ll explain to you how I am “employed” to take care of them 24/7, as needed. My aunt, who is in her seventies and autistic, will back them up. She lives with them and often needs nearly as much care as they do.

I have no other “job.” 2010 was the last time I did a nine-to-five.

That’s why I get so much time on WoW. Sometimes all I have to do is check blood sugars at 8am, and cook meals at 5pm. A day with no accidents, no emergencies and no medical appointments = lots of time for WoW. And for re-watching Deep Space Nine.

Breakbeat#1787

:smile:

1 Like

The game sucks… and Invincible will never drop for me i now believe, so happy to drop my accounts… this was supposed to be a fun activity. The only enjoyment i get is complaining on the forums.

Yeah, we already pay for the game and expansions. Plus a subscription on top of that. Subscriptions are not Activision’s primary income. Recent article notes that Call of Duty was the biggest revenue driver last quarter. The bulk of the companies revenue comes from primary sales and microtransactions, not subscriptions.

Subscriptions are a secondary revenue stream. They may have been a major revenue stream in the early years, but the evolution of the industry has changed that. At this point, they could technically “lose” money on subscriptions (treating them as a loss leader) to generate their primary revenue streams.

1 Like

Have you seen the drop in the price of oil lately? Gas is about 1/2 of what it was this time last year. If you do not pay attention to these things, maybe not comment on them?

In addition to the EU services cost adjustment Janek linked, there were recent AU and CA price hikes (AU was subscriptions while CA was only pre-paid game time).

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-australian-dollar-aud-price-changes-for-world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-game-time-and-wow-tokens/716670

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791

People pay for Cable TV and streaming services still? I just leech everything off the internet for free and I only pay my monthly internet bill.

If I couldn’t get it for free, I wouldn’t watch it anyway…once my commitment of my 6-month sub I stupidly purchased up front with the expansion expires I’m done anyway.

Because Blizz is well known for NOT doing foolish things.

They need to double the price for LatAm countries before they even think about touching ours.

It’s not going to happen anyway. Is Squaresoft raising the price of its sub? No? Then what makes you think Blizzard will.

With how many people are unhappy with things like Torghast, a price increase would lose subs.

2 Likes

That’s fine. They have slowly drained the fun right out of WoW anyway, so it is far easier to quit and stay quit for a long time. In BfA I resubbed for patches but I won’t EVER do that again, lol. I will finish out my six months in SL and, if nothing big changes, I am outie. SO outie. See y’all AFTER the afterlife maybe, lol.

I would have no problem paying $25 a month for a great, fun, generous MMO. But not for what Ion makes. Nope.

3 Likes

Good news for FF 14 I guess?

I agree w/Spinster; if the price increases even a penny then I’m out. In general, this game isn’t what it used to be and I suspect the only reason I keep coming back to it is because it’s become a habit over the many years I’ve been playing it…

The game development is still focused on “Raid or Die”; don’t get me wrong, I want to have the time to Raid more, but being a working adult with responsibilities, the time simply isn’t there. And being forced under the thumb of immature / impatient / toxic players because they get their sense of self-worth from a video game doesn’t seem worth any price increase.

If the game became completely casual-supportive and got rid of the scaling differences between players as it exists today, I wouldn’t mind a price increase.

But absolutely not as it is now. I’d be effectively paying to be punished, and I’m not a masochist, lol

1 Like

I think servers and devs cost money to pay for and maintain.

Probably. I pay 25% VAT on everything it seems.

25% here in Sweden.

I couldn’t imagine spending my time, energy, and money here if I didn’t think this game was fun enough for an extra few dollars a month. So those extra few dollars makes the game bearable just enough to spend so much time here? lol

They didn’t ban multiboxing and I’m still boxing 10 accounts. :wink:

1 Like

I think this is assuredly true and I might be one of those who says “too much” and moves on to another game. But you know there’s some bean counter in the ActiBlizz financial group saying “If we loose less than 33% of subs when we jack the price to $20, then it’s still a net gain–the shareholders will love it!” $20 today is what $14.99 was worth in Nov-2004 after adjusting for US inflation, so you just know they have to be considering this.

1 Like

seeing how americans react to other regions being abused, it’ll feel damn good when it happens :wink:

ill pull out my popcorn and savor the riot while linking the “first time?” meme.

brilliant move from blizzard staging it all over time. that way you always got some unaffected whiteknights - until the final stage that is.

1 Like