US Price Increase Incoming

that’s highly unlikely.

Don’t do it blizz.

If they raise the price on me I might just swap to another mmo that still charges 14.99 for their sub. Like swtor full time again or something.

1 Like

Wow has been the same price for over a decade here, and the cost of living has gone up drastically in the last 15 years. The cost to upkeep and maintain has gone up. So it’s not all that surprising to me.

1 Like

Do you really believe Activision/Blizzard would raise the price only for game time tokens or cards or whatever, but not raise the price through the other avenues to get game time (i.e. sub) overtime? We both know it won’t be long until they equal things out once the player base gets acquainted to the increased cost of game time and tokens.

If you are truly on a recurring subscription that is automatically charged to credit card, bank account, or PayPal account, then that is a subscription, it is not game-time which is a one time purchase (no recurring transaction is setup). You can buy game-time direct from Blizz or on prepaid cards at places like Walmart, BestBuy, and GameStop. You can only buy subscriptions from the Blizzard store.

If you really have a sub and your price went up and you live in CA and pay in CAD, then call customer support because the announcement explicitly says it excludes subscriptions from the price increase.

Also, Rhielle was right and you were wrong…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791

New Price CAD
180 Days Game Time $115.99
90 Days Game Time $61.49
30 Days Game Time $21.99
Subscriptions UnaffectedLOOK AT THIS LINE

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791/343

4 Likes

Indirect incentive to boost sub numbers.

Either pay more for game time a la carte, or sub for same low price as yesterday.

Currency adjustments, etc. are all theater. if they were a concern, they would have made the changes far far sooner than now.

Have to raise value/revenue/etc. Only ways left are to increase the MAU, TTP, and/or subscription revenue stream.

SL is buried under the MAU and TTP increases, what with timegating, reduced rewards, system stratification.

Sad thing is some of the no lifers will just pay it to fulfill their addictions so those people will always be here. The real WOW Killers! Ion and Bobby Kotick!

If you think buying groceries is at all comparable to paying for a video game, I really don’t know what to say.

That is not how this market works. Maintenance actually costs less than development and the development of expansions is paid for by the sales of said expansions. This is not like SWTOR where the expansions are free. Basic economics yo.

Stock reached a 27 year high lol

Blizzard isn’t immune to inflation. Nobody can expect to pay the same amount for the same service for over a decade

3 Likes

Actually, forget that, I misread something.

Lol and i’ve been actually thinking about unsubbing…

This would definitely make it easier to pull the plug.

Lets face it, the extreme time gating of the expansion is just stupid. I am already feeling really bored, because i find myself without stuff to do after Wednesday/Thursday.

I mainly PVP and can only earn 550 conquest. I am already capped on honor, and the zones and everything, after a while you realize that you only got 1 zone instead of 4 zones (the one where you have your covenant), and out of Ardenweald and Bastion, the other ones suck, only Revendreth will get better with Fliying.

The only positive for this expansion is that Arms Warriors are kind of fun again. Feel very well balanced, even if there are some OP classes out there i feel mine is not trash like in WOD. TBH the uprunning was the only positive.

The story of this week, is trash. Its just kill 15, kill 10 of X… it is just the same crap as normal quests… The Torghast grind is friking boring, havent done “my chore” yet…

And dont get me started on the epic battlegrounds lag and big maintenances on tuesday.

Increase the price ??? LOL that would be out of reality… If it wasnt because of all that FED money printing, i’d say that at this moment even a price decrease would be guaranteed.

I am only subbed because i find value on the € to $. I play on Americas, while i live on Italy (had my US account and lived in America before (continent)). As i only pay about €12 for the sub. No way i would pay $20 = €16,50 ish

CAD sub fee didn’t increase though >.> Just the cost for 1 time gametime purchases.

1 Like

The price has been the same for 16 years. It should increase, and they should use the extra money to hire 4 people dedicated to class design.

1 Like

It should not increase if the Americas does not increase as well…

Im no Canadian, but as some pointed out the exchange rate is the same from 2004 to 2020, so the USD ammount has not changed. Same as taxes.

In the USA the cumulative inflation from 2004 to 2020 is 37.8% against Canada’s 30.40%…

In the Eurozone, cumulative inflation is even lower. (28.99%)

So, they should increase the price in USD first. Then the others (to equalize the USD ammount), not increase in the others first…

Meh. I would literally not know about or miss a $5 a month increase. I don’t even look at the sub cost anymore.

its because you’ve been conditioned to pay whatever… The problem is not the $5…

Its that it is $5 here, $5 there, etc. And at some point you just gotta see whats best for you.

Is wow really worth a $20 subscription ?.. That is $240! annually (Half a console)

They haven’t ever increased it before, have they? Considering inflation, it’s inevitable and probably well past due.

1 Like