US Price Increase Incoming

regardless of this, it’s been roughly the same exchange rate from CAD to USD over the past 16 years since wow’s release, at most only varying by ~20 cents at most from the average give or take.

Yes, but hoping is one thing. When does hope become self-destructive? How long do you continue hoping, while wasting your time doing something you don’t want to do - and further, in many cases - get angry, upset, frustrated and aggressive over the activity as well.

I get, like, “hey, this game is 95% cool with me, but here are my suggestions for the other five percent.” I totally get that; it’s completely appropriate in any hobby.

What I don’t get is the folks that go on and on about how this or that sucks every expansion - and it’s always the same complaints - but they still pay a sub.

Believe me, I’ll walk out of a 90-minute movie I paid fifteen bucks to see, if I am bored. The concept of paying $15 a month to just hate and gripe about something is alien to me. This is planet Earth we are talking about here. There are other things to do, should you not like the thing you’re currently doing.

Go figure?

It’s also kind of like refusing to accept that your favorite underground band sold out and went mainstream. Times change, things change - especially after fifteen years.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2020?endYear=2003&amount=15

$15 in 2020 was worth $10.61 in 2003.

Think about it.

Was this reported by Newsmax or OANN?

whoa buddy don’t be using logic here. you’re about to be called a shill fanboy white knight by a bunch of people!

1 Like

Direct from the Dragon’s Mouth
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/canadian-dollar-cad-price-change-for-world-of-warcraft-game-time-excludes-subscriptions/780791/1

We all have our limit, it’s true. For me, I have about a month of paid time. I’ve stopped the autorenewal, and they have that much time to change my mind.

I’m hopeful, but not that hopeful, frankly. That we haven’t had a blue post about Torghast today isn’t much of a good sign.

1 Like

i play for hours a day too and i do it because it’s fun. if it’s not fun i unsub and do something else. it’s sunk cost stuff for them but they don’t realize what a gambler’s fallacy is or why you are not smart to succumb to it.

1 Like

I can see it happening. Less players that pay more means they can cut infrastructure costs. If the sub fees generate the same revenue for less players, I would think they’d do it. They are already stretching content because WoD proved that people will pay to play in a drought.

i was happy for most of WoD as a casual player and was subbed the whole time. i wasn’t subbed all of legion though because argus was made a no flight zone right after i opened up flight. i unsubbed for 5 months and only came back to unlock allied races. ended up liking argus and have been subbed, happily, since.

You might want to notice that they have been upping the fee in other Region so that they were paying a price the same as those in the US due to exchange rates.

So they finally got a system up to collect the price equally across customer base.
Would you see a conspiracy if it was pointed out McDonald charged different prices in different countries for the same item?

I’m confused by your reaction. Are you unable to understand the math behind my comment? Or are you shocked as to how little it takes to keep a wow subscription?

also dont want to neglect that they upped the rates in regions such as where the local currency is worth more than US Dollars. for example UK and Europe back in 2017 and for since forever both UK Pounds and Euros have always been more valuable than 1 USD and still are today, even after Brexit. So saying they are raising prices due to exchange rates over time is just a lie to keep telling yourself…

They’re literally bringing the prices of other countries in line with the US.

Stop fearmongering.

They’re adjusting it for the difference in currencies, that’s all.

To be perfectly honest, they’re lucky that i can use my stockpiles of gold to pay my sub, i probably wouldn’t be here otherwise. Not because i can’ afford $15 or $20 a month, i just don’t think that the recent expansions have been worth real money (my money at least lol).

5 Likes

I’m providing perspective. If you took it the wrong way then more power to you.

Must be since you spend enough time playing to be able to buy Tokens every month.

This needs to die. Its so stupid…

No its not. People in foreign countries shouldn’t get a discount because they elect people who lower the value of their money and raise their taxes.

Not really, i bring in a little but don’t actively go out of my way to farm it, i played the AH a lot back in the day so my many millions are not completely gone yet because i don’t have anything i need to buy.