Blizzard raised sub prices for Ukraine and Turkey. Are we next?

Blizzard sets the price in Canada to 22 dollars. That works out to more than 15 dollars American converted to our money. WoW is actually the most expensive MMO I pay for.

2 Likes

Yeah it is funny , what is funnier is the currency you get via b-net balance that was 18 bucks for a very long time, now is 22 CAD digital per token. I am not mentioning also the digital tax that has come in when purchasing digital items that way, which is understandable due to digital-financial laws.

1 Like

Don’t forget the bank conversion fee or whatever it is that I got when I paid a long time ago via credit card here that is taken is a couple of bucks from the consumer which Blizzard ends up getting more than 15 bucks anyway you look at it.

1 Like

Sorry but you’re not getting $20 an hour flipping big Mac patties at McDonald’s

A manager position at a McDonald’s joint? Or a district manager? Yeah it’s justified to have a high pay

Gosh….I don’t recall so much empathy for all those other people in war-ravaged countries who had to still pay the sub fees, while their economies fell apart, just to play WoW….

Weird……I wonder what changed……

Did they change it in the past year?

Because last time I looked (which was like less than a year ago), a subscription is still $18.99 for Canada.

If you buy a chunk of game time, it’s $22 for a month, which most people assumed is because of Trudeau’s new (in 2021) tax on digital goods, which doesn’t apply to subscriptions, but would apply to a chunk of game time.

Whereas (assuming that is indeed WHY they increased the price) - Blizzard operates in California, which has no tax on Digital Goods period. I live in California, for instance, and I can buy the a game/expansion from them online for the price tag they list it for. No tax at all. If it says $89.99, I get it for $89.99. Whereas if someone lives in Texas, they have to pay tax. (I know cause I have a friend who lives in Texas who hates me for it lol) This is most likely why the US hasn’t seen an increase like Canada for game time chunks - as Blizzard is based in California.

Here’s the blue post where it explicitly states that the Subscriptions won’t be affected by the price increase, only chunks of game time before someone thinks I’m pulling the “Subscriptions should be the same price” outta nowhere:

2 Likes

If you can’t live on a McDonalds salary then get a better paying job. It’s hilarious that some people expect to live a life on luxury from no skill and low skill jobs.

I didnt realize being “not homeless” was now considered a life of luxury.

The min wage was 100% designed to allow even low skill workers the ability to…well. Survive.

I guess “not starving to death” is now considered a luxury in America.

1 Like

It’s time to learn to eat on a budget or acquire the skills you need to get a better paying job.

Ok. So if a person is homeless and unable to afford proper food…you feel they suddenly will have the money to stop working and what…go to college or a tech school?

Please walk me through this.

1 Like

I remember when working at a McDonald’s was considered a kids first job or something you did during summertime to make some cash. It was always a stepping stone or a learning experience.

Now youve got “grown” adults who give awful service and always get your order wrong demanding higher wages.

There was a time id fight for these folks. Id always agree they deserved more money and that so did everybody else too. I was never one for the crabs in a bucket mentality so long as you understood that the fast food worker should still be making less than a paramedic

Ive changes my opinion on this though. These folks dont want to improve. They want more handouts. A lifetime of awful experiences has me begging for automation. If I can get a Big Mac thats made correctly by a robot who wont give me dirth looks for daring to walk inside the restaurant than bring on the machines.

They did this to themselves

I absolutely applaud you for generalizing 100% of all workers.

Honestly…whatever job you work in…its full of no one but silly people that want hand outs.

You dont deserve good service.

The McDonald’s here pays $21/hour because they literally could not hold people.

Also, Minimum Wage is supposed to be liveable.

People like you who think minimum wage is only for teenagers are so beyond logic. If that was true, those places would only be open on the weekends and from 4 PM - 8 PM.

2 Likes

Im generalizing my experience as a customer and thats not up for debate billy.

Thats fine.

I am also generalizing your experience as a customer. You dont seem to be a person that acts in a way worthy of good service. This is not up for debate.

You also dont seem to understand what the minimum wage was created for.

Everything you said is the truth.

It’s almost like they do awful service because they get paid $7.25/hour most places and have to work 3 jobs to survive. You try smiling, getting everything done exactly right, etc. with only a couple hours of sleep and dealing with unruly customers 24/7.

Places with a liveable wage for their fast food workers have shown to have responsive and helpful workers with much friendlier staff.

1 Like

You have not explained how a person should just “get a better paying job”.

1 Like

It’s like a never ending cycle of blaming everyone except yourself.

Once again. Explain how a homeless person who can barely eat should just “get a better paying job”

2 Likes