Absolutely zero customer support

He might if that was actually a good number, there hasn’t been a phone number for customer support for years.

Nice try though.

10 Likes

Hmmm interesting.

If the person that handles enh shaman buffs is the same you need… I feel bad for you… ppl keep saying “wait till 9.0”. MYbe then you’ll get your items… IF is the same person… ^^

issue is keeping up a phoneline is impossible with people trollign them even if they are unsubbed, anyone could call. Even spammers. You can still do live chat depending on the issue, and tickets are still decently fast.

Also a car company does not deal with issues as often as a video game, issues with their car, is far less common then issues with a game like “i did this thing and it didnt drop the item i wanted, fix it!”

1 Like

:thinking:

1. items dont randomly disapear from your bag usually, it sounds more like you acidently sold or misplaced them and forgot, humans are famous for horrible memeories.

2. item not found errors you simply log out and back in and you can loot it.

Both of these usually caused by Addons. Auto selling items auto-sorting. Or overloading the item.

1 Like

I have called Blizzard Billing Support about in game issues and they have full helped me out before and have been grateful for it just give it a shot. They are really nice

Customer support was pruned two times in the past 5 years. Now it’s virtually nonexistent.

The times ive had issues I’ve got a response and a resolution after a couple of hours. Besides not having a phone #, CS support is top notch.

4 Likes

I don’t use add-ons and my OCD makes me keep my bags hyper organized (which is part of the reason the two new zones make me a little nuts with all the little random drops you may or may not need). I would never log out with blank spots in my 3rd bag.

As far as the item not found, I tried that and I’m not sure what happened. It was a couple of extra little pets I had sold so I suspect I got the money it just didn’t show on my screen (and it would have only been a little bit of gold so no big deal).

I do know there have been some additional bugs popping up here and there after the patch. I just hope they address it.

:cookie:

:cookie:

We’ve never had a phone number that was available for you to discuss game issues, Pronto. The phone number, when we had it, was for Billing and Technical Support, not for In-Game Support. If you were calling to discuss game issues with our billing and tech reps, that is one of the major reasons why we moved away from having a number. Over 50% of the contacts that we were getting had nothing to do with Billing or Tech, many of them didn’t even have anything to do with CS. They focused on providing feedback/suggestions about the game itself, which CS has no involvement in.

We don’t have bots, Pronto, we have Game Masters that work out of Irvine California and Austin Texas that provide the responses you receive. Simply because you do not like the response, doesn’t make the person responding less human.

I had trouble figuring out what you were referring to, as it seems to have been about an issue you experienced 24 days ago. It looks like it had to do with several items in Mechagon, which had to be hotfixed.

The Soulbound quest items acquired during “Factory Refurbished” (Tempered Plating, Machined Gear Assembly, and Hardened Spring) have been removed. The non-Soulbound versions of these items now satisfy the quests involving these items.
Unfortunately, I don’t have logs that can verify what happened to the mail, but odds are the hotfix changed the item ID numbers, which is why you got an error.

As for the boss loot. As the previous Game Master indicated, you appear to have received Azerite from the boss. Gold wouldn’t be delivered from the postmaster, and I’m afraid our staff would be unable to provide it.

That would have specifically been to try and troubleshoot the errors you were receiving trying to retrieve the items from the mail. If you continued to experience an issue with a default UI we would have wanted our QA team to take a look.

10 Likes

That isn’t actually how it works. Game Masters have policies and procedures that they have to follow. They can’t just grant a request because you want it. For most bugs, they are unable to help directly as that is a QA and Dev process. In some situations though, when a known issue is causing a problem that a hotfix/patch may not be able to restroactively resolve, or that otherwise blocks progress, our staff is sometimes able to help.

In your case, Mikitan, I can’t say what happened. It isn’t an easy process to abandon a quest for a Game Master because it requires them to actively interact and control the character. In fact, it should have been easier for you to do so, but if a bug was preventing it, they may have needed the bug to be verified, with specific steps in place on how to address it, before they could do anything for you.

Only if you send it to us, Pronto. It isn’t information that we can just pull up, you have to provide it.

That actually isn’t true. We had a reduction in force in 2012. While I am unable to discuss any details, Customer Support hasn’t otherwise had another one since.

9 Likes

To be fair, if he’s Canadian, our sub is $18.99 per month. I don’t think it’s a stretch to call that $20 :wink:

6 Likes

Server access, nothing more, nothing less. And you’re not paying $20 a month for it. Not in U.S. currency.

You are not being robbed. No one is coercing or forcing you to continue paying or playing.

5 Likes

If the system is designed for call backs rather than direct calls, and requires a reason for the call and people have to apply for a call through their active account screen, you would get a lot less of that happening. And if they did make nuisance calls, their account would be on record and they could be blocked from making further call requests.

Only a total idiot would deliberately cut off a resource to help them in times of serious need.

Which is exactly why they transitioned to that very system several years ago.

7 Likes

Did you try deleting your add-on and WTF file? Just curious I haven’t seen it in the thread yet. I remember back on my old computer I had to actually delete them.

1 Like

Good thing they didn’t do that and have a system designed for call backs rather than direct calls then right?

4 Likes

You misread their post.

The sentence you quoted follows this one;

They’re saying it would be stupid for a player to abuse the ability to make calls / callback requests because Blizzard may block them, and then they wouldn’t be able to make legitimate use of the system if they ever need to.

There first paragraph seems to imply that they don’t understand that there is already a call back system and saying that Blizzard should move to one. They were answering someone saying why the direct phone line was removed, and seem to be saying if they had a call back system it would help.

1 Like