New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Thats just false. Acti-blizz made massive cuts in 2019

3 Likes

Yes, but not to Blizzard’s CS team.

1 Like

Are forum mods part of CS?

I think so, they’re listed in a forum group called “cs-moderator”

Didn’t they fire a host of forum mods including ythisens? (definitely spelled his name wrong). I just genuinely wish they’d give up on attempting to automate every system in the game. They do a poor job of it and still have the most lackluster anti cheat in gaming.

1 Like

He was a CM, not part of the CS team. There’s a lot of fake news in the world, it’s even seeped into the gaming industry. All those articles about Blizzard cutting CS were false:

This is the official legal document for the reduction in force that Blizzard experienced in February of 2019. There are two columns, the left column is number of positions selected for termination and the right column for positions not selected for termination; page 7 is the CS department. The only two positions cut from the CS department were a Bliz. IT Analyst and a Blizzard BI Programmer, zero actual CS.

“The following is a listing of the ages and job titles of employees who were and were not selected for termination of employment”

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/401389950/content?start_page=1&view_mode=&access_key=key-Dh96i2zsTyPm8t95vdMf

Here are some comments from Blizzard:

“I’ll thank you not to use my friends from 2012 (which did involve CS) or any of the ones from last year (which did not impact CS or QA), for your false narrative.”

“That actually isn’t true. We had a reduction in force in 2012. While I am unable to discuss any details, Customer Support hasn’t otherwise had another one since.”

“I’m afraid you’ve been misinformed, Stygimoloch. CS hasn’t been effected by a reduction in force since 2012.”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/costumer-support-dont-want-to-do-their-job/414554/22

“Others have already said this, but that isn’t remotely true. That is one of the main issues with the rumor mill, there is no check for accuracy. Nor do folks outside the company really have all the details.”

“I’m not certain what you are referring to, Breakinbones, there haven’t been CS layoffs since 2012.”

There’s about 1,000 CS employees listed in the BfA credits.

“normally”
:roll_eyes:

Bottom line is what blizzard expects regarding classic gameplay. I expected a vanilla like game and vanilla like economy, not a goal of bleeding edge abuse of the content, which is not even remotely required/necessary.

The vast majority of players clearly did not come back for classic with the goal of “optimizing runs around 12 minute intervals”.

1 Like

Just want to point out, both of those positions would/could have been part of anti bot detection and banning.

Part of the best part of vanilla was the freedom to do what you wanted.

If you wanted to grind to rank 14 playing 20 hours a day you can, but somehow PvP freedom is more important than pve freedom now.

If they are going to limit pve, they should limit PvP 30 BGs a day.

2 Likes

You had limits on instance runs in vanilla…

And you are still free to play as much as you want.

Waiting 15-30 minutes is a lot different than waiting 18 hours. You keep bringing up the 5/hr cap, but I’d argue the 5/hr cap has a positive benefit on the game since it actually limits exploitative behavior in a real tangible way unlike the 30 cap.

1 Like

The 5 runs per hour was only effective at stopping people from abusing resets for 6 hours with the new system.

That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

I thought the message with 5 runs per hour was quite clear, blizzard doesn’t want people spam resetting instances.

Some people in classic chose to ignore that and abuse the system and got slapped on the hand for doing so, too bad so sad.

1 Like

No, I meant your sentence. It just didn’t make any sense. The words were there but they didn’t form a coherent thought.

5/hr stops people from entering an instance, wall/fly hacking and grabbing a node and resetting. A common exploitative behavior in other games that would destroy certain markets.

30/day per realm doesn’t stop anything, its just a mild inconvenience for the bot runners.

It stops people from doing it for more than 6 hours. It’s just an extension of the existing 5 runs per hour rule.

It’s not an extension and the two aren’t comparable.

1 Like

How so? Both are limits on how many times you can run dungeons over a specific time period.

1 Like

The daily limit was 120, basically no players got to that limit.

30 though? Quite a few players can reach that.

Before the limit was basically not reached by players, most people didn’t go past 90 because of getting about 6 hours of sleep was something most no lifers would still get.

The limit they added makes it so anyone who remotely played hardcore even if just as weekend warriors, they will now hit the cap.

The change made a near unreachable cap of 120/day to a very reachable 30/day.

Even a 210/week would have been a better change.

But one thing is certain. They need to add a proper UI for the 30/day lockouts.

1 Like