Geoff appreciation thread

HYPE
You just made me so happy!

Damage boost is my FAVORITE part of her whole kit, I love using it to ensure kills and help my team perform at their peak!

Thank you for the response and im excited for any potential changes to make her feel better!

7 Likes

Yes they increased opacity on the oulines and the initial skull which vanishes shortly after the hack.

1 Like

Aww, I’d hoped to see an Omnic thief someday that could open temporarily holes in walls by putting a portal on the wall using stolen Vishkar tech and causing a duplicate on the other end to temporarily open up the wall for travel/shooting.

3 Likes

Oh nice I’ll have to go check that out. Thanks.

Or just a character with a gun like the one from Portal lol

I actually looked into the railings stuff with Symm/Reaper ground targeting and worked on it for a while last week. It turns out its a bit more complicated and is going to require some code changes to try to change it, but i’m hoping we can get something in next patch if it goes well in play testing.

As far as the teleport build speed… maybe. I totally get the thing where you go to try to make the clutch save and the build time is so long that they die anyway, but the concern is we need to make sure we don’t just give your whole team nearly instant teleportation across a huge area. If we’re not careful it could really make all chokes not even worth trying to defend etc. That said it something we could try and play test with and see how it goes.

95 Likes

Who’s the toughest hero for you to balance and why? I’m guessing that heroes like Doom, Sombra, and Mei are pretty hard because there seems to be a fine line between trash and op

Are there any future plans for Bastion?

I honestly believe that was holding him back is his raw dmg output in Sentry mode

What i meant is that its taking WAY too much power that the rest of his kit could use to make him more viable

Kinda similar to Torbjorn who had his Turret somewhat nerfed but the hero itself got buffed

Thanks for reading Geoff :3

I’ve really just wanted to see reload be toggled to Guardian Angel with beam target priority, and freeing up the current toggle with Guardian Angel to be your aimed-at target. I’ve gone back and forth with how I’ve toggled GA, it made me wish I had two buttons for it, and reload is… right there. I think that’d be a fun, mini-buff to give her, because it does sort of feel like Mercy is “missing out” on GA opportunities depending on whether she has her options set a certain way.

3 Likes

Geoff, why have you guys abandoned separate console balancing? Why do you feel console is so drastically different right now from PC?I don’t think the difference has ever felt so extreme.

2 Likes

Is there anything in the pipeline for Pharah? I feel she has a similar balancing problem.

2 Likes

Would you be considering a new hero with a flight ability(s)? Heroes who can take to the skies via some aerobatics feels really good. And its great you’re here to chat on the forums tonight :heart: :smile:

1 Like

Awesome! So good to know it’s being looked at. Also, shielding?

I understand if it’s something you’d rather give to a new support hero but it just feels “missing” from Sym.

3 Likes

Have you ever consider a possible Tank idea that heals them-self by converting incoming damage into healing?

1 Like

Echo has wings :eyes:

3 Likes

Hmm… you’re right…

34 Likes

Oh my gosh, if that could actually happen, it’d be awesome!!!

I know that the forums can be like a cesspool sometimes, but thanks for taking the time to answer some of these questions and give a little insight into the behind the scenes~

11 Likes

No offence but damn I hated that place… I always got lost for some reason. Lich King fight though was one of the best IMO. Wish we had more stuff like that in WoW today.

4 Likes

Does the Dev team have any plans to look at Doomfist’s ult or revert the slam distance nerf in the near future? Right now his ult feels like a throwaway that mainly gets him killed if he even attempts to use it offensively and the distance nerf on slam just feels weird and really cuts back on the rollouts players are used to.

if junkrat got the 0.3 projectile size back he would be perfect

theres no need for all these absurd junkrat changes

is the dev team thinking about reverting his nade size at all?

3 Likes