Ideal Sym Changes from #1 Symmetra

That would make it useless for most teamwork applications, because teleporting just half your team will make the entire enemy team collapse on one of the two halves you’ve created and promptly murdering them.

I prefer a clunky teleporter that can be used at will.

Daddy plz show us the way.

1 Like

Yes. Yes. Somebody listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about

3 Likes

Actually that is hard to do since Orbs actually phase through the railings most of the time and even if they didn’t, it extends the time you have to use to set up the TP.

If you try to place the TP near a payload than often the Payload destroys it immediately which again prevents you from quickly going to contest, same happens if you place it near a wall sometimes. The whole point is that Symmetras entire kit, from abilities to primary to alt fire require a long time to setup and it’s just stupid. The enemies are not going to wait for you to charge your beam or charge your alt fire or spend 5 seconds properly aiming the TP before they do something. It should be destroyed by firing at it not by payloads and walls. That’s just wrong.

One More thing I’d like to add is let her use it in Spawn. Like the cheap fix they made for a bug they were responsible for is limiting gameplay. TPing behind enemies that try to spawn camp you or just messing around to get to high ground in spawn like for example on Kings row is something we need.

2 Likes

Just in case you didn’t see that

She would still be worthless so sure

Possible changes really. Naturally they would all be quite nice but I would most certainly want them to start with just the astericted ones first. And probably try a 1.75 second cast time first If they ended up going down to 1.5. I dont actually want symmetra to be a meta pick or overpowered for a variety of reasons, I just want her to not be crippled by her own ability.

1 Like

Exactly. The teleporter often screws us over in the heat of battle.

Oops, broke itself.

Oops, spawned too far for us to use in grav.

Oops, couldn’t place it properly on a key ledge.

It’s just got too many problems that the signature ability of a hero shouldn’t have…

1 Like

Theres a difference between moving/removing a few destructibles and completely removing all destructible boxes from the game.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Btw, Geoff has made a post on the forums a few days back talking about her teleporter issues, and he said he hopes to have a fix for the teleporter placement issues in a patch fairly soon, in case you haven’t seen it.

I started playing Sym in QP and DM in the last few weeks and even a couple of times in comp, just to understand her better. Out of all of your items the railing issue is absolutely the most aggravating thing I’ve run into.

The increased interact range and decreased cast time could pose a problem for imperfect grav combos, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

These are really amazing QoL changes, but her beam is my main problem. She should be able to scare people into going anywhere near her like Junkrat and Reaper do, but with this new beam I don’t believe that it is possible.

Symmetra’s best option is to return to her old primary fire in which she could lock-on to targets. With number changes, this could be balanced well! Think: increasing ramp-up damage but with this, also increasing ramp-up times!

The guardrail changes for teleport/shadowstep need to come sooner, worst aspect of these abilities.

Good post, nothing to argue about really

I love you abandoned, even tho I dont play sym.

A lot of these arent really buffs, but more quality of life changes. I dont see game breaking downsides to this.

2 Likes

Honestly, she could easily receive every single one of these changes and wouldn’t be anywhere near broken. She’d just be as functional as she should be.

ALL of these changes are how the thing should have been to begin with.

6 Likes

Very true, I think they just punish the ability in a hero that takes a lot of skill to be effective with already. These changes should happen 100%

1 Like

these changes sound awesome and realistic. Thanks for your ideas!

1 Like