Geoff appreciation thread

You get a raw deal on here but your work is appreciated…you and rest of your team are clearly hard at work (on a nigh impossible task if I do say so)…keep it up even if it’s not the popular choice

Patch is going to be huge…can’t wait

121 Likes

He dug my favorite character out of the garbage can so mad respect.

(He still put him there in the first place but…)

4 Likes

Well this topic died kinda fast.

Not that I have much to add to it.
I like that Baptise’s starting line up of skins reflects how fashion has evolved in OW, but that’s a different department I think?

1 Like

Isn’t that the guy who said GOATS wasn’t an issue below GM because people didn’t play it right? As if 6 tanks, 6 healers, and 0 DPS at any level is a sign of a balanced game.

18 Likes

Only a matter of time before he digs a grave for my favorite character.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that was Jeff. This game can never be balanced anyway.

They did say more resources were gonna be hitting this and some other games… maybe this is the sign of the start of something awesome.

3 Likes

Rip fam, Hang in there.

2 Likes

Nah.

4 Likes

D.va still feels terrible to play and is somehow pro meta.
I didn’t even knew such combo was even possible.

5 Likes

Does she? It sounds like you’re just still using defence matrix like it was the old DM.

1 Like

You’re trolling here… right :thinking:

5 Likes

No, hes a fan of the balance teams work generally speaking.

6 Likes

After he ran Syms identity into the ground i have nothing nice to say to him

12 Likes

You would play your main in old way too if it was getting tons of nerfs before you can even adapt to the last one.

2 Likes

Seriously, do some research on Geoff’s interviews with various OW Twitch streamers in recent months. He really knows what he’s talking about; a majority of the accusations thrown at his (and his team’s) way really oversimplify the greater issues at hand.

Goodman and Kaplan both have my respect in that they are not flippantly making decisions that seem so “obviously wrong”, but they consistently weigh them against the alternative options which we should be thankful for because those options could be much worse… especially if we are truly concerned about game’s health as a whole and not just our personal experiences alone.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I really appreciate how these devs break down the decision-making process on a lot of their gameplay and design choices, and it makes me realize how deep (yet delicate) all these systems are.

17 Likes

Isn’t that the guy who supposedly ruined WoW balance for years, then left for OW and “mysteriously” WoW balance got better, and OW has been a train wreck since, because he’s throwing MMO sensibilities into a shooter?

Yeah man, he’s awesome. Love that guy, keep up the good work man!

12 Likes

So first of all, that’s a yes then.

Also I thought D’va only recieved one nerf?

Are other changes effecting her involuntarily?

2 Likes

No, he’s blamed for some of the stuff on HOTS. I don’t think he was a significant force on Wow balance for good or for ill.

This appears to be inaccurate

Apologies

Even if he wasn’t he was the guy who claimed Mercy doesn’t need attention because Ashe is a buff to her. (somehow)

6 Likes