šŸ”˜ Mercy Needs an R Ability Instead of an HPS Buff

Robot, youā€™re speaking Blasphemy right now. Mercy must remain simple, only two buttons allowed.

Edit: or Hanzo and Genji with double jump, wall climb and lunge on spacebar.

3 Likes

Or even Mercy with AD on space.

But the most visible one is Hammond, which has an entire attack there.

1 Like

Or Brigitte and Rein with a combination button press! Hold RMB then press LMB to get a shield bash or a selfie mode.

2 Likes

The boots are his passive, Mercy herself has something like that, itā€™s called angelic descent. As for Hammond do you mean his wire that is bound to alternate fire?

No, I mean his slam attack.

He literally has an extra attack.

Looking back on that thread where you got a response from Geoff and I saw this

You were so happy here and Iā€™m mad that, in over a year, weā€™ve seen nothing from them.

4 Likes

hm. Guess I was wrong. Hammond really is an exception. Still my point is that people who wont even experiment with possible number changes are not going to spend time making a new ability for her and binding it on some random Key. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t want it, Iā€™m just saying it is VERY unrealistic to even hope for.

But apart from that, yes all heroes donā€™t have extra stuff bound on buttons.

Do you think Mercyā€™s superjump fits in there?

Except for Rein, Sombra, Wrecking Ball, Orisa, Doomfist, Hanzo, Brigitte, D.va, Lucio, Torb, Sigma, Soldier, Echo and arguably Moira who all have 3 abilities and an ultimate.

I think ANY fixing of Mercy is unrealistic to hope for.

You know what makes it a bigger slap in the face. They changed damage boost and lowered itā€™s skill ceiling after Baptiste was released. So yeah, the only change they made was a bad one and made her worse to play. Now I feel bad for myself and Ryan.

1 Like

Probably not any more than other momentum tech that involves some spacebar timing. If Doom could use crouch+spacebar to change the trajectory of his punch momentum Iā€™m sure weā€™d be all over it too.

Honestly I am getting used to the idea. There is this small voice inside my heart that keeps saying that someday she will be back but my brain knows itā€™s a lie.

Geoff and Jeff have both said they tested an R ability on Reinheart and they gave Hanzo one during internal testing while making the Hanzo rework, two heroes with no reloads. Itā€™s a realistic possibility that Mercy could get one too.

Or that works :man_shrugging:

Yeahā€¦really kind of upsetting tbh :confused:

Gracias Reazen :slight_smile: I am glad you approve. And yes, let GOOD MERCY PLAYERS HAVE A VENUE TO DISPLAY SAID SKILL AND HAVE IMPACT thanks

Honestly, after exploring an idea like this Iā€™ll be pretty letdown if they simply buff her hp/s. But I guess weā€™ll take whatever at this point.

Iā€™ll take any buff to mercy.

No wait, that is a trap I am not going to fall for.

I will take any buff to Mercy that doesnā€™t reinforce the pocket slave gameplay. I think itā€™s just too much to ask for, that very post just confirms that they arenā€™t making any big changes to her. Itā€™s been over a year and all we got was a lowered skill ceiling on damage boost.

5 Likes

An unfortunate reality. I just hope they at least test something on experimental. Even 55 HPS would feel likeā€¦something.

Call me crazy but the fact that they banned Mercy this week may mean something? Because last week they banned everything to see how Pharah and Ashe perform, they just buffed them, and now theyā€™re seeing how they perform without Mercy? Maybe this implies they are looking at changing Mercy to make her not such a big enabler of these heroes? Not sure tbh, probably just grasping at straws.

2 Likes

Listen to me crazy. I wanted to believe they were doing something too but this all seems like a prelude to a Pharah rework in my view. Week 1 they leave her uncontested, week 2 they take away her best support pairing and give her a buffed Ashe to deal with. I think they are preparing for Pharah Echo interactions. Donā€™t give up the fight but donā€™t set yourself up for disappointment either.

1 Like

Did yall notice that Mercy now boosts Torb turret and BOB now when buffing Torb or Ashe?
:woman_shrugging: theyā€™re trying out different ways to impact damage boost on the low.