Private loot - Poll

Hi all, thought about ploot, and came to the conclussion i that don’t know.

While it is a fundamental change to the game it’s definitly no QoL, so i’m totally against it.
On the other side would it hurt me that much? Actually no. If it’s implemented the right way that a mob drops overall the same amount and it is only distributed to the people who damaged it.

So let’s poll.

First post is PRO private loot.

113 Likes

Second post is AGAINST private loot.

170 Likes

pro private looting of course

13 Likes

It should be as a toogle when u create game too so everyone is happy at the end

42 Likes

You should mention people should like the post they are voting on.

4 Likes

Pro personal loot yei

11 Likes

No private loot. Leave my precious d2 alone :frowning:

72 Likes

I am pro personal loot but I also spent so many years with shared loot so I learned to live with it - ended up not playing with others which is sad:/

Toggle loot while creating games - classic or private at 1/numer of players rate so total dorp amount is the same

14 Likes

hm i thought it’s obvious ^^

2 Likes

Have respect for the history of video games. We are experiencing a top end dev resurrecting a part of history. Enjoy D2R for what it is, reflect on it and use what you learn in your future.

32 Likes

I see no harm on trying to improve on a game. Saying something is perfect is simply not possible everything has room to improve.

8 Likes

Make FFA and personal loot as selectable options. Win-win
If I had to choose one or the other, it would be personal loot.

Can we get a third option of these being selectable options?

Edit 8/15:
My thought so far.

This poll appears on a Blizzard forum that only individuals who pre-purchased D2R can post on. Therefore, this forum is enriched in players who really like D2/D2:LoD the way it was. So even in this biased population of D2 players who favor the status quo, it is notable that the numbers for personal loot and FFA loot are pretty even. Therefore, I think it is fair to say that the majority of D2R players most likely favor personal loot or do not care.

18 Likes

Where did I say it was perfect. History isn’t perfect. It’s what happened. This is a remake of one of the most successful games of its time.

8 Likes

Everyone acts like they are gamers, well prove it. Play D2R in its authentic state. Challenge yourself, be the gamer you say you are.

8 Likes

Against private loot!

15 Likes

Some of us already proved it with their current USEast ladder expansion characters.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

How about you?

I can respect the history with D2/D2:LoD well documented strengths and weaknesses and still see room for improvement.

4 Likes

I can dig this. I’m pro toggles. Really, we have two very different audiences coming to this game.

5 Likes

I delete my characters after ladder… Yep even high runes chilling on my mules. Zap, gone.

Theres my proof. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

There is a current ladder even though I guess many are waiting for D2R.

If you AFK a boss run in a personal loot game, you would get no drops whatsoever from monster kills since you were not in the area when a monster was killed. In contrast, the same AFKer could grab all the uncollected gear after all the monsters were dead if they waited in town the whole time and went in afterwards.

How do you feel about a toggle on a room level? Honestly, as an old fan, private loot was a big pro for me in D3. I mean, you could still trade just fine… so nothing missed for me, and several items gained, so to speak, and gold even.

5 Likes