Add a Dislike Icon to Forum Posts

It is locked to those who pre-purchased. However the form software can take a bit of time to update to match account flagging. It means people who buy it may have to log in and out to get posting access updated. Same goes for refunding it - it can take a while to update and remove the permissions flag.

Almost all Blizz forums outside Tech Support and New Player require a game license to post, or in-game progress for the free games.

2 Likes

No way. I’ve seen other forums do this and it doesn’t pan out well.

What happens is that people log into multiple accounts to keep clicking dislike to fuel their forum argument agendas. A single person or two doing this to your thread post can greatly falsely represent how much people “dislike” what you’ve said. It also formulates unnecessary toxicity.

Of course they can log in and multi click likes on their own posts with alt accounts, but that usually is identified much easier by forum mods than spamming dislikes.

With the simple “like” click, the worst they can do is just not like what you’ve said. The difference in likes is a better metric for gauging how much people care about what you’ve said, without making it toxic.

Furthermore, if a person REALLY disagrees with what you’ve said, it is healthier to force them to type in a response as to why, rather than letting them bomb with dislike clicks and leave with no response.

3 Likes

Blizz knows about this, and really does not get involved in it to speak of. Only if they are sockpuppeting on the CS forums or something in order to lie to the Forum Support Agents, and even they don’t just laugh at them liking their own posts - and may call them out on it, but they don’t ban usually.

1 Like

If this is the stance of Blizzard than they should remove the like functionality completely as it paints a one sided view of a post.

Ya, they should have both or neither imo.

Really?
Could you maybe give us a rundown on how many non-licence votes the first two posts in this topic got?

Private loot - Poll

The idea for only having a like button is to encourage positivity.
It does not seem to work as planned at the moment. But generally dislike buttons would make the situation even worse.

See? we already have enough negativity even without thumb-downs.
People cannot simply disagree anymore. They need to insult on top of it.

Nothing wrong with insulting other people as long as you don’t get crude or hurtful about it. Insulting is a healthy part of discourse.

they used to have that, they changed it like 1-2 years ago…

I’d be all for removing the MVP system, such a worthless system. Just a buncha suck ups.

1 Like

Luckily your opinion is not the benchmark on how to run a forum.

There are no Diablo MVPs. There is me, who is the last left. I was first, and still am, a Tech Support/Customer Support MVP. We answer questions mostly, to help players. The other greens you have seen on here recently are also TS/CS MVPs.

If helping players resolve tech issues or support issues is “sucking up”, well :woman_shrugging: I don’t mind helping people.

5 Likes

The one The only MissCheetah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup first thought when I started reading the suggestion

1 Like

Because if you can dislike something, a lot of people can dislike it too. Then person claims they were being harrassed or a blue post looks really bad because it is obvious a large portion of people don’t approve of it.

It’s why Youtube doesn’t really allow disliking comments anymore (ok the button is technically there, but it doesn’t actually do anything) and why they have been considering removing the dislike button on videos as well.

The downvote feature existed and just caused toxicity, people burying stuff collectively (a bit like Reddit). I’d happily have them remove all like/dislike icons and people can discuss topics and ideas on merit, rather than collecting their friends and “voting” their opinions in petty disputes where the “voting” substitutes actual discussion or exchange of ideas.

Popular or unpopular ideas tend to get a lot of activity either way.

2 Likes

Fun fact (I think and am double checking), you were never able to dislike a Blue post. They were aware that it would be dislike bombed, esp if the message was one people did not want to hear.

All,
Open Beta reminder that open Beta ends tomorrow, Monday Aug 23rd at 10am Pacific Time (PDT). Please convert for your timezone.

DOWNVOTE! heh. But that is what would have happened to a simple message.

3 Likes

I was not referring to blizzard forums specifically.

I do not think a status update like that would be massively downvoted, but I could be wrong of course.

To be fair some blue post absolutely deserved a massive downvote. -_-
I still will never forget the bluepost about why the Necro doesn’t have a dance in Diablo 3 and everyone ripped that post apart.

In short it was something about Necro’s lore and it wouldn’t make sense and everyone pointed out why would any character be dancing then. It was a def ‘yikes’ at the time.

You are not wrong there. I forgot about that. Mostly they did not bother to have the art team make one for the new char. A fake lore reason does not work. He could have had some sort of creepy rave/goth dance or whatever it is necro/vampiric sorts do. Heck, he could even just waltz because he is SO OLD that is all he remembers.

Typically if there is a thread’s OP that is made that is unpopular, the first contrarian post will be highly upvoted.

1 Like