Argument: Personal loot will disgourage player interaction

Oh really? It seems the opposite to me - may be a small cognitive psych lesson in there.

1 Like

Lol. How’s that for ya blash?

Anyway, it’s all good. See ya =)

The arguments are just so baaad it’s always

“This is just a remaster”
“muuuuuuuh D3”

If you want to roll for loot or have personal loot then go play diablo 3. We want Diablo 2 Resurrected and remastered not remade into diablo 3.

That’s just the thing though Kani, all the private loot posts have flooded the forums and everyone just wants to argue. No one wants to actually discuss the game, or talk about what they enjoyed or didn’t enjoy.

You guys have your argument and anti private loot have theirs, its the domino effect yet no one knows when to stop because they are just waiting for the devs to speak lmao.

Yes, maybe it flipped again in the past day.
Yesterday definitely was the day of the “pLoot will never come” threads.
Maybe now is backlash time.

You can also take a look at the count in this thread:

Private loot - Poll

Not yet too representative, but it jumped by almost 30 votes anti-ploot after being balanced for quite a while. So there was a bit of mobilization around the end of beta.

I know. There are black sheep in both flocks.
Cya around.

1 Like

See what I mean?
D3 is not just personal loot is a self found game with no trade, completely different.

1 Like

This is exactly how D2 used to be played, and exactly how many people played it in the beta.

1 Like

It’s not.

It wouldn’t.

D2 was this way as well. I did not speak to or interact with 90% of the people I was in public games with. I don’t consider asking for a TP a major social interaction.

I do still have someone I played D2 with in the early 2000s on my bnet friends list, but I didn’t become friends with anyone because of FFA loot.

It does not encourage you to do anything other than try to click on items faster than other people.

FFA loot doesn’t encourage or discourage trade any more than personal loot, loot allocation or loot rolling would.

You don’t need to interact with anyone in D2 public games. The FFA loot system combined with the difficulty scaling of players per game actually encourages anti-social behavior such as entering a public game that is for purpose X, entirely ignoring it and going off on your own instead, just so you can benefit from an 8 player game.

Every suggestion from ploot to allocation to the loot roll thread have all suggested it as an option, not as an exclusive replacement to traditional looting. IE: the game creation screen could have a loot style drop box and let you select options. The lobby filtering system could allow you to filter out games using a loot system you do not like so that you don’t even know those games exist or that other people are playing that way.

3 Likes

I can’t think of an argument against your position even though I thought I preferred FFA. So I’m changing my position to support ploot. There is no decent argument against it, assuming the same number of items will be generated per game, the only difference being personal assignments of each drop. I cannot think of a logical argument that makes this problematic, so I switched positions.

2 Likes

hahha what a missleading post, FFA what does is making TONS of players to play single player to beaing able to get the loot for multiple reasons:ping, char, build, slow reaction time, chilling, etc,etc. how is that incentiving the communication? totally the opposit is what it does.

When they add ploot all these player will be able to enjoy the multiplayer full experience.

2 Likes

I’ll join as a PK :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Way ahead of you on this, it’s already been created as 4 teams. So if private loot is what they want, they will have to join private games to get it anyways lmao.

1 Like

Oficial name: Diablo 2:Resurected, it has come back to live, evolved and improved.That is why pLoot should be in the game

1 Like

totally fine, its part of the game

1 Like

I agree, I look forward to pking, taking your loot, your game, and making you create a new one.

2 Likes

good, i love some pvp action too but u cant ever be sure about winning :slight_smile:

For as much as you argue I bet you swear that ear didn’t drop.

uh oh I’ve stirred the pot

The hears?

i have actually collected many ears on the CBT, definetly theya re droping!

The only thing I hear from your keyboard are the tears