Please put PERSONAL LOOT

However it can be done :wink: If it can be, it will be, it’s all the endgame there is… more and more loot and giving it away for whatever be it a smile or a song :slight_smile: :+1:

“We” Who is “We”…

People who want to play with pLoot.

It’s not that hard to figure out given the context.

1 Like

Like who though? I’ve seen you, can we get a legit poll going.

Yup, it’s to chill and have fun with your party. This also applies to playing with friends, because maybe you don’t want to fight over some item.

1 Like

Check for yourself.

Private loot - Poll

1 Like

no personal loot

thank you

5 Likes

Thanks, buddy very informative stuff there.

1 Like

That post lacks logic. There is confusion between seeing and acquiring.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

1 Like

Regardless splitting the player base is never a good idea. But to each, their own, release will decide its own fate.

absolutely not get good kid

1 Like

I’m refunding if they announce it toggle or otherwise - the instant i hear about it. I actually came to that conclusion while writing this. I won’t bother to try it out - i know where it goes. It will not be the same game.

Personal loot risks already dividing a VERY limited loot pool. Item drop rates are really low. If you made it so EVERYONE gets loot - you simply can’t make it so each person gets the equivalent of an otherwise FFA’s game’s items. You’d break the economy and the game instantly. That basically means an already incredibly limited loot pool is going to be divided potentially by 8 players - so most people are going to end up with a bunch of white flails and maybe a magic item and one person gets a rare or unique - literally like 7 players are going to be handed a few magic items and mostly garbage without an opportunity to see something better. They will literally see garbage, and only a % of that garbage. Its going to be very boring and unrewarding because you’re only going to play so long when you see decent drops 1/8 of the time. To put it differently, in FFA loot you play 8 games and you see 8 uniques. You have a shot at 8 of them potentially. In personal, you see one unique in 8 games. Which do you think is going to be more addictive/fun?

Its a bad system in this game and it means completely torpedoing the economy to implement in a way that allows people access to items they’d get under FFA loot - you’d have to buff drop rates for each individual player which means far more saturation in the economy. Everyone having all these items really fast will definitely impact the game in a negative way - you already have people deeply against botting which basically make this a reality and the average players items aren’t worth very much 1 week into a ladder season. For many people who enjoy this game its not just about rushing to end game for duels - but the process/journey of getting the gear - and that adds playable hours. You’d be potentially increasing the rate that happens potentially by 800% due to availability and saturation if you made everyone get the loot they would under ffa loot personally. It would make gearing real quick and there is no doubt that most of the people who love D3 and want this put in place would be bored far faster and just quit now that they got what they wanted leaving other people who like game as is basically stuck with the mess they advocated for. This literally happened with D3 when the D3 team took the self-founder’s wishlist(“consulted the d3 community” basically through the forums, where for some reason they were a consensus…on a forum that D2 players couldn’t post w/o WoW account or pre-order") of how items should be be in terms of itemization its release - and a lot of them quit when they got a system that gave them exactly what they wanted(Uniques with one stat the same and everything radically different so nobody’s ‘shako’ was the same)

It would be a total disaster for this reason - let alone all the other ones people have provided. The game is far better for allowing ACCESS to items that they have a chance of picking up(way more ‘fun’ than basically never seeing anything) instead of people just being forced to see garbage under the way this game would have to divide to even stand a chance of functioning without a grossly oversaturated economy. You can bet if it were ever implemented with the current drop rates the next thing people would be complaining about is the fact they never find anything meaning drop rates would be buffed. Its a bad system and bad for this game. This game’s longevity has been in part because the crazy depth of its itemization and how rare those items are - but can be used for meaningful builds - you literally find it and are like wow i can make this work! even if its not meta. Making that even easier by having personal loot and will negatively impact this and the rarity of just about every item.

I doubt there will be a reply from people who support personal loot because these consequences aren’t really avoidable and they’ll be the first people wanting buff dropped rates. They either aren’t ready to admit this or haven’t thought this through enough.

Its also how you get torment 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, add naseum because all these people with easily acquirable gear are going to ask what are they going to do with it? At least there is PVP in Diablo 2 and its not garbage like Diablo 3. But this is how you the pressure to get create rifts and FOTM changes like in diablo 3 - a system that requires far more intervention and developer driven fun than diablo 2.

Do not go down this path because people haven’t learned how to pick up items well nor because people feel entitled to whatever drops from what ‘they’ kill. It will go badly and its a surefire way to sink this game.

I’m refunding if its ever confirmed(the instant i know its announced and it will be a nail in the coffin for others for sure) - toggle or otherwise because i know they’ll have to tamper with drop rates to deal with it and i definitely don’t trust them to do it. It won’t be the same game and they’ll definitely feel pressure to add things since… the ‘difficulty’ is no longer present when loot becomes so easily available so quickly.

2 Likes

No. No to personal loot. This is D2

Blizzard is not changing D2/D2:Lod. The discussion is D2R.

2 Likes

If you couldn’t tell, I believe he was saying from a nostalgic point of view. Like “No to personal loot, this is Diablo 2R.” But just forgot the R.

1 Like

D2/LOD/D2R … hello moving on with times. Its all heading to the same direction.

Crying for personal loot… you guys are horrible and pathetic bunch. Paying for $39.99 and expecting it to be a $39K gaming experience.

For 2 years they have been saying its a remastered. Which part of it do you all not get it?

3 Likes

As in D2R is from D2. Not D3. Not D4.
So no. No personal loot.

2 Likes

Remember all the times people complained about the character model threads popping up?

We need these ploot threads pruned or locked, and redirected to one main thread, because the sheer amount of complaining that will occur every time some kid online doesn’t click the drop fast enough is going to be exhausting.

Didn’t get the drop? Time to vent on the forums about being slow and playing a ranged class while farming boss loot in an 8 man group.

2 Likes

Alternatively, Blizzard could acknowledge that many players want optional personal loot as illustrated by all these threads and add it to the game.

3 Likes

or you can aknowledge that make more sounds doesn’t mean you outnumber the rest of player? and that maybe not even a tenth of player are here therefore nothing can be said in a way (or in the toher)?

1 Like