Service Update -- 3:00 p.m. PST November 25

Since shortly after the launch of Shadowlands, we’ve experienced some service issues that are negatively impacting gameplay on a small number of realms. In this region, we’ve been monitoring and working around the clock to solve these issues for:

• Area 52
  • Frostmourne
  • Illidan
  • Stormrage
  • Tichondrius

We increased realm capacity to let more players than ever before into a single realm, but extreme demand on a few realms has exceeded even that capacity, so we have dialed down some of our earlier changes. We are trying to carefully balance service stability and accessibility, and exploring multiple avenues to get everyone online and playing smoothly.

This issue is our number one priority. We will continue to work to solve this as quickly as possible, and we will provide further updates as necessary.

Thank you very much for your patience.

41 Likes

Very nice, thanks cuties!

2 Likes

How about you allow free realm transfers from these realms. I would move in a heart beat but been there too long with too many characters. If you offered free realm transfer everyone I have talked to have said they would move. This would lower the realm population and help with a lot of issues.

38 Likes

It sounds like free transfers are coming.

Don’t expect someone else to transfer, that’s how nothing changes.

6 Likes

I want to transfer off the realm with my characters but can’t afford to move all my 50’s. It would be a godsend to allow free server transfers to get off overloaded area 52

11 Likes

I dont understand why its so hard just to click the free realm transfer button??? They have to “explore it”? What does that even mean? Just more vague, pocketbook minded posturing from blizz.

11 Likes

I am more than willing to transfer if you will let me move all of my 50’s not a different server. I can make a new bank toon and bank guild. Let us have a list of servers we can choose from that are low population and then after a certain amount of people have moved there, stop offering that server on the list. I have too many 50’s to move myself at $25 a pop. If I have to move my toons I wont move and this issue will continue. Please allow free transfer off the server for all my toons.

7 Likes

I would LOVE a free realm transfer option to get off of Area 52, but all my horde characters are here. The BFA launch was rough on this server, and the SL launch has been almost unplayable for the last 3 days with lag and multiple hour long queue times. Paying $25 per character to move off of this mess is not really worth it though.

7 Likes

Free realm transfer from “full pop” servers, please.

13 Likes

How do you think the devs would feel about lifting the gold limit on transfers for a bit~?

Long shot, but.

Let me guess you would move to another full server and complain again.

Free transfers should only be offered to select servers and they better not be high pop or full servers.

1 Like

So this is why I am sitting in a near 4 hour que time…

sigh you would think I would have learned after 15 years of launches that blizzard would drop the ball.

Definitely preferred the choose your path for leveling. Felt a lot smoother than the linear everyone in one zone leveling.

We pay a pretty steep subscription price for a 15 year old game. You’d think this wouldn’t be a problem for free mass transfers or just a better solution.

You guys can do better.

Here’s rooting for a fast resolution.

7 Likes

When free transfers are offered they are to specific servers. Player can not choose another high pop server. Blizzard gives yhe list of servers normally

8 Likes

That would mean losing money. Do not believe anything customer service are saying. They repeat some copy pasta from their corporate overlords and have no power or concrete information. Just thanking people for their patience and blankly saying they are exploring MulTiPlE AvEnUe to get people playing doesnt mean anything.

Bottom line is they are doing like they did every expansion launch and new game launch : Waiting for the wave of people to dial down without investing any new money in infrasctructure, good customer service or services like realm transfer or free time for our wasted time.

4 Likes

Getting fed up… Where’s the transfers???

8 Likes

Guess we should all go start a GoFundMe to get xfers?? Sounds dumb i know but it would still be faster than Blizzards response.

We will call it AREA52 Relief Fund

6 Likes

Please, like any micro transaction, you already pay WAY TOO MUCH for the game do not give them money for something that should be free in the first place

2 Likes

i find it interesting how many people are sitting here upset not playing the game, waiting to play the game theyre currently paying for, while we all just have to wait and hope. you would think making free server xfer wouldve been their FIRST maneuver to avoid worsening the expansion release.
seems odd i sit for over an hr in a que and just insta d/c logging into illidan and they arent providing an avenue to avoid this when we all clearly know they can.

1 Like

Just open up free realm transfers again like you did in classic, let people that want to move off server to another one so they can play. So it relives a lot of the stress the servers a re getting. It honestly feels like I work for wow right now, given if I go afk or DC, then I get in the stupid que of doom for HOURS. Which means I can’t even play my damn toon for a stupid long time.

2 Likes