Game disconnects and the Area 52 que

So we are all aware of the ridiculous ques for Area-52 server US, all this week. Unfortunately, my game time fits better after 6pm (more like 8pm), and so I have spent almost as much time in que, as actually playing the game this week. I’ve been trying to take it in stride, as things happen and it is a popular game and a large population server.

I have just recently ran into an issue though that really just is BS and unacceptable, and I can’t look past.

Tonight after waiting almost 2 hours to play (shortest que so far this week), I got in, played some and hit level 60. About 3-4 min later I went off to explore after talking to the Winterqueen in the Heart of the Forest. I jumped down a small hill to get an herb and I must have splashed into a stream with a small water fall. The camera point was in the waterfall, and I disconnected.

I then promptly tried to reconnect, did so, and then when I can online again, disconnected again after seeing the waterfall and my character for 1 sec. This happened 4 more times. So my character is stuck. After my last disconnect in this loop, I was put in que for 100+ min @ number 2100+.

Is this really what players get for this week or maybe longer expansion wise? I am so angry at the moment, that I had to rewrite a lot of this several times. I understand things happen, and the world is not all roses, but this BS on Area 52 so far is not even remotely acceptable or excusable in anyway other than “for profit”.

Please, all I want is really my character unstuck and not to be in ANOTHER 2-3 hour que. Why is this so effing hard to get and have?

I say thank you for the CS person who may respond, but only for that person. I have other choice words for Blizzard as a whole.

Not much can be done about the que times atm but have you tried the unstuck ticket via forums or ingame.

1 Like

I have not as in game I can not even stay online longer than a second. I also have no idea where my character is in Ardenweald minus “some random waterfall”.

I find it hard to believe though that nothing really can be done to solve these que issues, but more like there are solutions, just ones not likely to be done by the company for reasons. Probably costs too much or takes too long to do, and it is cheaper and easier to wait 2 weeks and let people’s log ins settle out on their own.

But I will have to look at the unstuck forum path I guess. Thanks.

Here’s a link for you:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/834/solution

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

You’ll probably want to follow this thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/service-update-300-pm-pst-november-25/737575?u=zungar-silver-hand

1 Like

Thanks. I have been, but honestly I really don’t believe they are doing much at all since the ques exist in pretty much the same capacity or with little change.

I did get a message saying my shaman is now in Durotar, so I am unstuck. I appreciate you all helping, I just wish there wasn’t an issue that needed your help in the first place.

The silver lining is that I just snuck a piece of apple pie with some vanilla ice cream, left over from Thanksgiving.

Cheers folks.

1 Like

Your belief is quite wrong. I’m sorry that you and others seem to think this, because from even just a common sense stand point? Why would Blizzard as a whole want to make more trouble and more work for themselves? Just to sit back and cackle at people’s troubles and woes that then clogs up the ticket queues and invites people to rage on the forums, third party websites and then demand refunds for their anticipated product? They’ve no doubt been busting their behinds since the issue arose. The first fix they tried didn’t work (clue one there, that they’re trying different things). It’s only one broken part of things but then you have to realize that even though it’s a holiday stateside, people are working from home due to Covid.

I get people’s frustrations and I’m sorry it’s an ongoing issue and one that you’re caught up in. But just because it’s not fixed at the snap of a finger, doesn’t mean that it’s sitting idly on the backburner while the staff piddle around with other things so that a large part of the player base rages up around them.

Now, down from my soapbox, I am very glad you were able to get your character stuck from their loop! Hope the pie was amazing and that you’re having a better go of it now.