Service Update -- 3:00 p.m. PST November 25

I would never have thought that their first maneuver was to allow free server transfer from one of the greediest companies in the world. I dont know why people have their heads in the sand about this. Until their metrics on Subscription change substentialy they will just keep parroting the ‘‘thank you for ur patience we re doing alllll we can smiley face’’

1 Like

im saying as a company youd think that would be their first maneuver, as to please majority and not cause issues within their own community for lack of services.

1 Like

It’s sad, but its a reality. The Company is rich, But not, providing great customer service at the expense of the company rich. They won’t do anything for Free. Not unless its their last resort. And even then, they are rich enough to ignore it if they really want too. They don’t really care about the queue time, they aren’t playing.

2 Likes

Ill gladly tfer off of area 52 all my chars right now if youd let me , dont worry about mail either or guild leader since i cant login to change either of those two things…

5 Likes

A companies priority is always to please the shareholders. If that means giving good service to customers then great for us. If the customer metric doesnt change regardless of bad service and we keep being customers while they keep saving money on actual service. Then great for the shareholders and shame on us.

3 Likes

i just realized you cannot server xfer your toons online , only in game you can…
so because of this i actually have to re-sit a 2hr que time(bc i kept d/cing in login, wasnt my fault) and then attempt server xfer if i can even get into the game.
to think this could all be avoided w an option to server xfer online, and not in-game only, and if theyd of just prepped for the release w a free realm xfer for all full pop servers that they felt became problematic.

1 Like

yes of course, im speaking in terms of pleasing their customers though. wasnt trying to be so literal about it tbh. was simply saying youd imagine the best version of this company to have already implemented this.

They decide to launch on Thanksgiving week. When a lot of people are on vacation, plus covid. What did they expect, an smooth go live? Plus, now you will have angry employees solving issues on holidays. They should have been with their families or enjoying the holiday. Not solving issues at this time. I work as a developer and there’s no way, those manager in charge of this, didn’t know this could happened. They simply ignored the issue. Why? Because those in charge most of the time doesn’t have to work on time like this, they always mess with some else time.

3 Likes

I would move to a low pop server, I am tired of the full servers and I have been on area 52 for 10 years. I have never said I would move to another high pop nor do I want too

Not to derail and it’s been a very long time since I transferred a character but didn’t it used to be online not in game to initiate? Apologies but i may be misremembering.

I have waited shorter for rides at Disneyland and Universal compared to these virtual queues. Just saying.

3 Likes

i believe it was originally an online service and they merged the shop in game and made it a part of that, but also took away the online option it seems as the same time. what this does is it forces people to sit que times when they couldve avoided it altogether.

1 Like

If they don’t do something. Queues are going to be this bad at least until Monday of next week. Because a lot of ppl are free until Sunday.

3 Likes

For reals this is ridiculous

2 Likes

about to finally get in after a 3 hour+ queue time

Yes, it used to be available on the website

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.

Have to say when you limit options for customers it’s pretty frustrating. I get the consolidation maybe saves the company resources and money. But just like Classic I believe they should have done this sooner before launch offering free transfers to select realms as part of the same strategy that’s working on the server connections.

Hope you guys get that free option.

3 Likes

This is an absolute joke. How did you guys think this was going to go in a pandemic, with most things closing down and right before a holiday?

You’ve made enough money to get a hold of this issue before it became an issue. You guys are clowns. I want a refund for my time.

10 Likes

Just offer free transfers to Stormreaver. I have no idea why that server was never connected, probably because they always have had lots of strong mythic raid progress but that server is now showing low population and it would be ideal for some of these horde heavy full server people to transfer off to.

2 Likes

I’m ok with 25 mins Que, but 3+ hours? That’s just ridiculous…

If “full” servers have this issue, they shouldn’t let anyone else create chars on those servers to begin with it.

10 Likes