I just want an honest discussion with you Blizz

As someone that currently resides on A52 and is currently in a queue a week after launch I feel the pain too. I am frustrated about the queues but I also understand them and will wait my turn to play the game. That being said I don’t think that realm transfers are the solution because it breaks the community of the server.

I would love to sit down and have an honest conversation with Blizz about why we are still experiencing these queues after so many years. What is the reasoning behind it, good or bad? Are the realm transfers a band-aid to the problem or the long term solution? I just want Blizz to be clear with their player base and help us understand why they do what they do.

2 Likes

…Do you really need the concept of server capacity explained to you?

1 Like

Not in the slightest. But maybe all the players that complain about it do. I think it would be good for people to hear Blizz’s reasoning behind why they can’t or don’t simply increase the capacity of a server. This post isn’t simply about server capacity and more asking for clarity.

1 Like

Alright, that’s fair. I think they’ve explained this before (at a pretty high level no real tech details) - I will try to hunt the post down and update if I find it.

Edit: This is the closest I could find. The other posts may have been on the old forums, and I cba looking through there.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/service-update-300-pm-pst-november-25/737575?u=lightwood-nagrand

i thought it was because they put too many players on one server

but i could be wrong, maybe they just hate the ppl on A52

They didn’t ‘put people on a server’ - players choose to create characters on overpopulated servers all by themselves. But as the OP pointed out, transferring off a server where you’ve built a community is not always a viable option. Many people will just say ‘quit whining and xfer’ but it’s hard to accept as the only answer.

It is usually a temporary issue, at the start of xpacs or during major content patch releases. Scaling servers for this kind of event is usually the preferred method of dealing with additional capacity needs, but I don’t know what kind of tech stack they’re running. Maybe that’s not a feasible option.

if only the devs had a way to monitor or cap the number of different players who have toons on a particular server… guess thats just crazy talk

It has nothing to do with the number of characters on a particular realm, since each account can only be logged in once. They warn players who create characters on full realms that they may experience occassional wait times, if I am not mistaken.

This happens every time with a new release, and almost always with the same servers. And yet each time people seem surprised. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

please READ my earlier comment

But they can’t? How do you get around the social aspect if they decided to put a hard stop on new people rolling on the same server their friends are on?

1 Like

so you’ve never seen the FULL status on a server im guessing

Yeah? And? It still lets you make a new character there.

1 Like

so reading comprehension is not your strong suit

i said different PLAYERS not characters

Is Blizz a woman or a man?

The reasoning behind it is when people come to play WoW they look up what is the highest pop servers and join those since no one wants to play on a dead serer

You appear to be confused. I don’t have a character on A52. It will STILL allow me to create a new character there. Which part of this is unclear?

Edit: Here you go, I have prepared this handy visual aid, especially for you. :kissing_heart:
https://i.imgur.com/dJYw0mn.png

2 Likes

That would be a huge change to the game. At this point it’s not a viable option.

1 Like

‘If only’ literally means what they could do, not what they have done.

Please regale me with more of your sophistry.

Okay, so let me quote you again, so you can use that reading comprehension of yours and I’ll let you make up your mind about which one of us decided to be a dick about this whole thing. That’s enough pointless internet arguments for me for one day.