When will the queues end?

Last night was pretty bad. When do you guys think the queues will end? Tonight? Friday? This weekend?

I’m just hoping it’s less than 30 minutes tonight.

if i remember correctly, they stayed around for a few weeks in BFA, or maybe it was Legion.

i got DC’d last night and it took 2 hours to get back online, so i feel your pain.

they need to give free transferes

7 Likes

Queues lasted for a few weeks in BfA, until Blizz increased the server cap temporarily. I remember because the guild I was in had issues getting people on for raid nights until that happened.

So until Blizz does something again expect 2 hour queues during peak times, probably for a few weeks because why fix something you already knew would be an issue, right?

4 Likes

i might open a ticket and ask for free transfers so i can play

By policy, they will not give you a free transfer. They will either force us to buy one, wait in queues, or eventually allow transfers off of Area-52.

well it’s already 1 hour queue at 2 pm so…

2 p.m. is not peak time. 2500 line 90 minute wait.

Something is wrong here.

1 Like

Pandemic + Holiday Weekend + Expansion Launch.

What do I win

This seems to be mainly an Area52 issue. I went poking around last night and found that 52 had a queue of around 5k/3hrs, with Illidan and Tich having similar queues (not as bad as 52 though). I then checked a bunch of other random “full” servers and found they didn’t have any lines. I checked this afternoon and found that 52, at around 3:30pm est, already had a line of about 2k/1.5hrs… but Illidan and Tich (along with several other randoms) didn’t have any lines at all…yet…

2 Likes

I did the exact same thing. Tich, Illidan, Stormrage and Area52 were the only Full servers with Queue at about 8PM PST last night.

What I want is an updated, accurate census of all the servers. You go poking around some of these wiki pages and none of them have been updated since 2019. There’s another wowrealmpop site that does show very recently updated figures, but comparing Thrall to Area52, two full servers, the data shows Thrall ahead in population by at least 50k and they arent experiencing queues at all…

1 Like

There used to be a pretty good one, realmpop I think it was called. It was pretty good about showing server faction split, although I could never verify it’s accuracy. I looked into it a while ago and found that it seems Blizz changed something in their API a while back that prevented that site from pulling down the relevant data. The site just ended up fading away I think. Times like this, I really miss that site…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/service-update-300-pm-pst-november-25/737575?u=bluzz-area-52

1 Like

Why? This server is one of the best ones to be on. And the queues will be gone in a week. Small price to pay.