Free Character Transfers Now Available For Some Realms

With the launch of Shadowlands, great numbers of players have left Azeroth for the afterlife, dramatically increasing player populations on every realm. For a small number of realms, demand has been overwhelming, and we’ve been working around the clock to address issues on those realms and make the game available to the maximum number of players.

Today, we’ve enabled the Free Character Transfer service for players who have characters on high population realms that are experiencing consistent, extended queues. If this service is available on your realm, you’ll access it in the Services section of the Shop on your character selection screen for that realm.

Please note:

• You cannot select a destination realm that also has a high population.
  • Realm to realm character transfers take time to complete, and the duration is higher when more players are using the service.
  • You cannot log in to your character until the migration has completed.
  • You cannot cancel a migration in progress.
  • Blizzard Customer Support cannot cancel a migration or speed up the migration process.
  • Character migrations are irreversible.
  • The free service may be disabled at any time, as necessary.

We strongly suggest that any players planning to use a Free Character Transfer do so as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

49 Likes

I’m not on Area-52 but thanks for making this available to them.

38 Likes

Thanks for the much needed Character Migrations. Now nobody can complain about queues… right?

10 Likes

Also, why is this the case? I’m not planning on transferring because I enjoy my guild and don’t mind waiting in queue, but as I read this again it sounds like someone needs to wait in the queue in order to start moving a character?

19 Likes

So you’re stuck picking a mediocre realm? I’m not really sure that’s worth skipping the queues that tend to die off after a week or so.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s the point. They don’t want you just moving to like Hyjal and making that a new mega server.

10 Likes

It may be helpful to amend this post to list the realms from which free transfers are being offered.

78 Likes

Please people start leaving Area 52.

1 Like

can you xfer multiple chars?

2 Likes

Thanks for enabling the option for those who need it.

I’m on a high pop realm and queues aren’t an issue for me, i just can’t set a foot into Orgrimmar or if I’m lucky and get there I can’t use the portal to Icecrown, so, no SL for me yet after 5 days.

I enjoy my guild and I won’t apply for the transfer, but it has been 5 days and nothing yet :frowning:

I, for one, will thank you, Kaivax and Blizzard employers, for being dedicated to helping players, even as ungrateful as many are.

24 Likes

Least it’s something.

I cant even get into my character select screen so how long is this offer still up? the character i need to transfer has mail apparently lol

4 Likes

Would love to leave Area 52, not seeing an option.

8 Likes

Log into any other realm and click on ‘shop’ in bottom left, you can then use free character transfer I believe while on the page for other servers. I could be wrong but hope I am right and it helps!

1 Like

Would be nice to see a list of realms you can actually go to. I have tried to move a toon from Stormrage to Arathor but it wont let me infact it wont let me move to any realm that is merged with Arathor.

2 Likes

Thank you, you are correct to a degree. To transfer the toon, you have to log in the realm of that toon. I am now stuck in the que of Area 52 but I can transfer when I am in. Thanks brother.

4 Likes

What servers are eligible to leave? Would love to bail from Zul’jin.

4 Likes

My husband and I are trying to xfer off Area 52, but keeps saying that we have auctions. Neither of us have auctions or mail, anything else we need to check?

11 Likes

Probably because moving from one high population server with a queue problem to another high population server and now givign them a queue issue isn’t the intended goal. They are trying to distribute that higher population among the smaller ones in hopes of just not moving the population issue from one cluster to another, only for people to turn around and complain about it again.

3 Likes