Free character transfer still full price

Moving off of A52 still shows $26.52 at checkout. Seems legit.

1 Like

Make sure that you’re meeting the requirements such as not selecting another high-population realm:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/free-character-transfers-now-available-for-some-realms/743826

3 Likes

dont’ worry even if you get that part to work, you’ll still be told you cant transfer because you have auctions going - of course you wont have any auctions up, but the game will insist you do

Damn it. Kil’ Jaeden was Medium the other day. Now listed as high. RIP that dream. Thanks

plenty of people have already initiated their transfers…

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s the typical “it’s not working for me, so it obvs isn’t working for anyone else” train of thought that’s been coming through these forums the last week or so. :confused:

4 Likes

You only get the free transfer option if you are logged into the server that has it. There is an extra cash shop button called “free character transfer.” You can’t initiate it from another realm.

For horde side it’s only area 52, illidan, and tichondrius as far as i can tell. Alliance I think it’s only stormrage and frostmourne.

5 Likes

It doesn’t care about faction, any realm connected to Frostmourne is also eligible.

7 Likes

Nice to see I am not the only one having this issue at the moment. Really annoying.

2 Likes

I went to my mythics dung run all night. I was farming for a new dagger and funny thing is it seems you guys knew either or something… I went disconnected in a really strange way that more seems to been an DDOS. not one, not two and obsiously not 3 but multiples times !! but that always use to happen when I was pulling the boss I wanted for a dagger, what ever the dungeon or the boss, all other went well ! it make me disconnect everytime ans froze my entire client that I had to stop @task manager. when I tried to log in back, well you allready know what it is “the same name probleme” but still… coincidence ? so today I wanted to do the Free Character transfert that you guys talk so much about !!! never worked and that again, mail, auctions etc! I did deleted everything or almost ! loosing years of farming into the process. even make sure of the both servers populations. Still not able to so I decided to ask you guy explaining every thing to do the transfert for me and now thats happen !!! I got an almost 2 days queue to do so ! even everywhere I go into your website saying 1-5 mins ! I’d just still to remember you that we didnt ask for thoses issues and shouldn’t be the one paying for them. I paid my sub every month since BC and last time I checked on my main account I busted the 12k USD !!! I really was enjoying the Shadowlands, finnaly !!! you guys had done something great again for the pvp player as I am since pandaria ! I’ve stay true till the end, but I dont see the point of playing this game anymore since here is always a problem either with the servers or real life people account… I don’t know if here is a way to refund my sub back but if so I’d be glad. Otherwise is not that big of a deal.

I am sorry if you bad understand me, i’ve done my best and english isnt my first language ! plus im kind of upset about the situation… if only it wasnt the first time :L

Id also like to thanks you for all thoses great years !!!
But today you guys make me feel like a real joke to you ! maybe I grinded ilvl too fast for the expension and you guys didnt liked it and gived me a break with a 2 day character REALM transfter whos know, but still once again I cannot have acces into something that I pay but you own… Finnaly had take some vacation after 5 years enjoying little things and ofc as always, here is no way I can login and have some fun into my account. I think it is sad, because it don’t take that big of an IQ to know that a transfert don’t take 2 days of buisness! you litteraly treated me like a fool and lose a dedicated several years multi glad player that was even putting money into the game since the bonds release.

Ashjrakamas,

Perl is not an employee of Blizzard Entertainment. They, like you, are a player. We have recognized that the information they provide here on the forums is often accurate and helpful so we recognize them with an “MVP” title and make their text green so it can be found quickly when looking for helpful info.

Regarding the Active Auctions Error during the Free Character Migration process, we have received these reports and they’re being investigated. More details, and a potential workaround are available on our support website -

https://support.blizzard.com/article/000278124

This is not affecting everyone, but if you are impacted then please check the information in this article to see if it helps.

1 Like

so you telling me im going to wait 2 days to have them tell me the same thing and keep me on Tich server and pay myself a name change to be able to play ? right…

I’m finding you a little bit hard to follow, so apologies, but to be clear you are trying to use the free character transfer and having trouble? Are you able to follow the workaround that Kalviery posted?

I didnt know I am sorry. but for the account well it was just the cherry on the cupcake that needed to make me quit after all the other problems I got with you guys since you buy activision :confused: my opinion tho but blizzard is more than ever just about the money and nothing about the client satisfaction… I wont tell you prove me right because I did lot of time and things like just did happen. Nothing to help me in a way or another, just telling me that I am wrong and then pitch somes policies and privacy and then like as usual !!! That I should go look further by myself, wich I did and that again… not for the first time! and sorry to disapoint you but after 15 years of gameplay it never took 2 days for this service ! this morning I was looking for either a refound or something that move on your side then I don’t keep paying for something I dont have acces to. oh and here is supposed to have a reply from you in the next 5 minutes telling that you truely sorry but cannot help me. As usual. you know i’d really like to be able to say after 15 years of dedication playing the game even it was really not good from pandaria since now !!! [ personnal opinion ]
I know that for you we are all numbers, but we also pay you big numbers ! you seems to forget it fast when is the time to help either than cash up… that is just sad but I was expecting more of a proffesionnal way from your part, to tell me that you dont like what I say, to who I say it and that you are not even going to help me at the minimum you could do by opening me a ticket ! I should start that right now btw :slight_smile: have a great day I guess… thanks!

You are being helped, there is a Blizzard employee right now that is trying to help you.

Is there a reason why you can’t open a ticket?

1 Like

I informed you that Perl was not an employee so that you wouldn’t direct your frustrations towards someone who was not involved.

I cannot open a ticket for you, you must do that yourself. Though, I’m not sure why you need to open a ticket. You should be able to complete the workaround yourself and move forward with your Free Character Migration. You shouldn’t need a ticket for that.

If you’re looking to cancel your account, as you hint at in your first sentence then that can be done from your Account Management page. You do not need a ticket for that either.

5 Likes

I did open one, he never got further. maybe I did something wrong I look into it.
@kalviery I dont even knew that I replied to him/her lol I know nothing about forums I just try to reach out since you seems to have verry less live services ( wich I dont complain about just explaining myself ) and wish I never knew tbh, you gave me the wrost experience into it !!
that again either than figure our plan and a way to make it work to have my satisfaction and my account back and keeping a multi-thousands dollars client you just send me the link to get myself out of it, tbh no hard feelings and delete this as you like !!! but I hope you lose your job. I would had fired my employe if done the same as you did. promoting the quitting before try and fix. Even you “tried” not even a little, it shouldn’t be an option to you to promote people to quit the game !! thats should be your time to tell them to help themself lol. @blizzard

You hope they lose their job because you said “I want to quit” and they told you how?

If you want to cancel, then do it. If you want to use one of the free transfers, then we’ve given you information about how to use them. You keep on repeating lots of extra information and talking about how many thousands of dollars you’ve spent. I’m not sure to what ends. Do you actually need help with something? What is it that is wrong?

6 Likes

Wow… Glad they aren’t your employee, you would have fored them for actually doing their job? The forums are not a direct contact point for customer service. It is a help desk where other players can help you and give you direction on where to get help. There is sometimes help from Blizzard employees, but that is not guaranteed here and they are not GMs and can normally not directly help with issues. The Blue here was explaining to you how you can get help with your transfer and how you can work around the issue.

5 Likes

i could show you at least 15 bills just this year of character transfert. Trust me I know how to do so, but that again I did follow the step by the book since it wasnt working, then ask for help and tell it make nosense getting into thoses struggle to just be able to login my account and play something I pay to. something that I took some personnal time home to try and enjoy the Shadowlands, because as I told earlier to me is best one since BC… but when I finnaly get ahead you put me 2 step back, and then everything I see on the subject on other forums is telling in big " pay it" should be faster than the free version, wich seems like a big scam to me. First of all… two day just for a Realm transfert… never see that and I buy them since the release. and if you had take the time to read my first message… its more seems to be more of some DDOS than the “normal” problems that thousands of player are facing right now… wich make me feel unsecured even more that you totally ghosted that part.