Bulk Character Transfer

Obviously, this is not a new idea or the first (or thousandth) time it has been suggested, but I really want a bulk character transfer service.

My guild recently transferred servers because recruitment for mythic raiding became all but impossible on our server. I had four max level toons on that server (all of whom I had transferred there from another server…). I still have eight alts at level 49-52 on a third server right now. I want to bring them all to the same place and put them all in my guild so I can more easily play with my friends.

But it’s going to cost a fortune to do it.

So far on this move, I bought three character transfers ($25) and one guild transfer ($35). That’s $110. To transfer the other eight, that would be $200 more. Look–I’m willing to pay for this service. But for crying out loud, it shouldn’t cost $300+ to move one of every class to a new home. It just isn’t reasonable.

Right now, I’m just not going to move them over. I can still play with people cross realm, it’s just much less convenient. So it’s not really worth the money to move them over. But it degrades my experience playing the game and frustrates me because I feel like I’m being taken to the cleaners if I just want to keep my account tidy and simple.

Please add some kind of fairly priced option to bulk move characters on an account. I know many people who would spend money on it once, but just refuse to spend $25 a toon (plus, it’s actually a real pain to process 10+ individual transfers… it’s just annoying to have to keep charging my card over and over again).

49 Likes

During the holidays they have sales on mounts, pets and character services. They had one recently in July. Keep an eye out for sales, maybe they can’t bulk transfer the way their systems work.

While waiting for the next sale which is probably Christmas time, just send one at a time as you need them.

Yea it would be great for the players but unfortunately like you said it costs a fortune which means they make a fortune off of it so they are not likely to do it Imo.

1 Like

They’d actually probably make more making it cheaper. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

High prices don’t always mean more revenue. I think more people would transfer alts (and pay more money total) if the price was reasonable for an account-wide service.

10 Likes

Yea maybe. I’m sure they have their marketing people or whoever crunching the numbers though and if they thought they would make more money and do something that players would like I’m sure they would have

Hey, I don’t even need it to be cheaper, it’s just annoying having to move 12 alts to a different server one by one.

4 Likes

4 for 3?

2 for 1?

All for a flat fee, the low, low price of $100?

1 Like

The shop services are insanely overpriced.

Insanely.

21 Likes

ALL on 1 server to a different server for a fixed price.

1 Like

This isn’t a problem with the pricing. This is a problem with your view of the situation. Look at it from a different perspective.

You could easily recreate those characters on a new server for free. Leveling up isn’t hard.

You might have limited money, but you have plenty of time. Check your schedule. See what your plans are for the next few days, weeks, months or years.

Spend time. Not money.

2 Likes

Time is money, Friend.

Character services should be less than half their current costs, and bulk realm transfers should absolutely be a thing.

I’d love to see the actual sales numbers for these, I imagine they would make a ton more revenue if the pricing was reasonable.

13 Likes

Those numbers would be based on how many people have paid for the service, not for the amount of people who would have bought it if it was cheaper. You’d be surprised how often common sense is left out of business decisions.

1 Like

I have way more money than I have time. Lol. I can think of nothing that would make me uninstall the game faster than having to re-level the same classes just to conveniently play with my friends. Leveling alts is already rough in this game, your suggestion to “just do it again,” doesn’t work for me, brother.

Another thing to consider is that this service has zero marginal cost, meaning it does not cost Blizzard a penny to provide one more character transfer (they spent money building the system to handle them automatically, but it costs nothing to use it at this point). They have, without question, paid for all of the development time on the initial setup already. So every time we buy one of these services, it’s pure profit. So don’t feel bad that I’m asking Blizz to give up a little of that.

6 Likes

FFXIV does “as many characters as you want for $18”.

Granted, I’m sure the fact that the game encourages you to do everything on a single character has something to do with that. Even so, I still have 3 max level characters with the mandatory story completed, because I prefer having alts that look different from each other.

4 Likes

Nah I don’t really like the idea

Hello!

Yes, I can confirm that we intend to offer bundles of realm-to-realm character transfers for a discounted total price in a future update to World of Warcraft and the in-game Shop. This new offering will allow players to select multiple characters that are on the same account and move them all to a destination realm in one purchase.

We don’t have the final sizes, pricing, and date these new bundles will become available just yet, but we’ll let you know all of that as soon as possible.

132 Likes

Would also be nice if you merged/joined or otherwise consolidated the servers so people would not have to shell-out money to play the game.

36 Likes

Four characters cost already 100 bucks depending on the region you live. Honor your customers please and give the community reasonable prices.

24 Likes