Bulk Character Transfer

Should be free.

Being punished because other players stop playing and then having to pay extra to keep playing feels pretty bad.

77 Likes

Bulk server transfers have been wanted for as long as there have been server transfers. After years and years, finally a blue post arrives on what should be a very popular topic.

It has been 21 minutes since the blue-post and there are only 4 responses. In the past, the first response to a blue-post would have arrived in seconds, not minutes. Has the community shrunk that small?

4 Likes

What about faction transfers? Or is cross-faction PVE coming also? XD

1 Like

Does this include transferring from account to account? because that would be nice. I have a second account with a bunch of toons that have some rare stuff and I want to play with them again, but I don’t care to have a second account any more.

Please please please make this somewhat affordable. I desperately want off of my RP realm but I have at least 5 characters I want to move.

5 Likes

Personally I think people who have the six-month sub running should have it for free. Why? Because most serious players already earn enough money through boosting so they can use tokens to get things done.

What a strange metric to gauge the size of the community by

1 Like

Now we just need region transfers, or just combine NA and EU

5 Likes

It was a response in a thread, not an actual Blue post. It’ll get more traction I’m sure.

1 Like

I’d rather they didn’t :slight_smile: I like small dead realms, some people want Azeroth to be akin to Times Square in New York with a bunch of people running around but I am more fond of big world few people. An adventurer in some far off remote lands battling the creatures and hunting for treasure :smiley: I can see cities being more populated. But I do agree there should be a way for players to get the experience that they want without additional payments.

3 Likes

Boosters are a tiny percentage of players. If the game is designed to inconvenience everybody who is not a booster, you’ll be playing alone pretty soon.

2 Likes

Another money grab from Blizzard as a “solution” to their failed setup.

Hey, players, we know our game is in a boring dry spell and all your friends are leaving because of this and you long to be on a server with real numbers as a result… Well, we got a solution, you can stay here and pay us more money to fix it… Low pop server… problem solved… pay us more.

5 Likes

:grimacing:

Hey Rico, have you ever queued for a random dungeon and when you got in there you noticed your latency was a bit higher and then when you left it went back to normal? It’s likely because your party leader was from an Oceanic realm. I usually play at 30ms but when I get grouped with players from those realms it’ll go over 200ms then I leave and it’s back to normal :weary: I don’t know about you but I’d rather not see what my latency would be when grouped with EU players.

agreed.

yeah there has always been a misconception and deniers concerning this. The group alway’s plays on the leader’s realm. If that player is on a different region, your latency and anyone else’s not on that region will suffer. I already make it a rule not to join ocean player’s groups. Playing with 250-300ms is a miserable experience and we should definitely not be forced into it.

1 Like

What about the potential impact this might have to the faction imbalance? You ever thought about this could expedite the exodus of alliance players to horde side which has been the “better” faction in the game for quite a while?

Gosh darnit i just moved my DK and shaman. Ridiculous.

You guys gotta put a dev roadmap out so we can plan

I play from Europe and there is an average of 125 ms.

3 Likes

Yeah, just paid to transfer, left characters behind and now they are coming back for more money ?
Seems like a pretty lame cash grab at this point

2 Likes

He mentioned just realm transfers, not faction transfers, so no effect on faction balance from this.

Just wait until they raise sub fees, which I’m sure will happen next year to make up for all the lost players.

1 Like