Blizzard Getting it Right

“As a top tier player” the ego on this man.

1 Like

This feature is going to be completely useless. People will list themselves in the new dungeon finder just so they can go back to spamming the LFD channel. Or worse, they’ll completely forego the LFD channel and just spam the trade chat for dungeon groups. Blizzard is doing the opposite of ‘right’, and have been since they announced no RDF for WOTLK Classic. To add to it, they’ve announced all kinds of potential changes to make it even worse.

Remember when the anti-LFD group said “what is so engaging about afking in a capital city waiting for your dungeon queue to pop?”.

Well now its going to standing in a capital city trying to get in a dungeon group.

4 Likes

Most the anti-LFD arguments were purely astroturfing. These people will agree with whatever blizzard chooses to do. Any “stance” they have is all for show, they just argue for the sake of siding with Blizzard.

So, yea, not surprised to see massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy coming from people like Aurumai, Red, Axx, Tracyn, Eviey, Nocht, and Zipzo.

8 Likes

My fault… * Clears throat * … The best monk player to ever exist!! … there, happy now?

1 Like

/world chat is back

This is hilarious. It’s almost as if you’ve never read anything I’ve ever posted. :rofl:

But I’d love for you to point out my “massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy”. Which posts were you talking about? :slight_smile:

Where did they say this?

No, keep dreging up old posts. This is entertaining to me. Looks like you serve a purpose afterall.

What’s that? You were just lying in a desperate, feeble attempt to make me look bad? Got it. I can’t say that I’m surprised, as that’s how most people who disagree with me seem to act.

I’m still very curious to know what these “massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy” are though. I’m curious to know where you think I’ve been inconsistent or hypocritical.

3 Likes

How mad are you right now on a scale of 1-10?

Ive edited my original post to include more of your alts.

Ah, so you’re still not going to answer the question? Usually when I accuse someone of being hypocritical, I’ll give some actual reason. You know, because I’m not a childish coward who only tries to score points with insults. It’s a shame to see that we’re not alike in that way. :frowning:

But to answer your question, I’m not mad at all. In fact, I’m a little thrilled to see someone on your side of the aisle actually showing their colors for everyone to see. Most of you are clever enough to hide it!

The fact that not only think I post on these forums with multiple characters, but would actually say that I do is both hilarious and also kind of pathetic. You’ve deluded yourself to the point that you’re convinced people who disagree with you are part of some conspiracy who are working together or are in fact just a single person who tirelessly posts using created personnas with their own writing styles and backstories :rofl:

I’m not your psychiatrist, but I think maybe forums aren’t such a healthy passtime for someone with your level of paranoia.

2 Likes

I love the people who think someone with a different opinion than them must be a troll and if there is more than one person with an opinion they dont like it is clearly the same person on alts…

Fact of the matter is not everyone likes or wants rdf in the game. Do i think blizzards “new” tool is perfect? No. But i would rather have that than rdf.

I like many of the changes blizzard is making to wotlkc. Not all, but i see it as overall good.

4 Likes

This is a hilariously bad take. It’s actually much worse to take an action that pisses off more people than if they did nothing at all. You seem to fail to grasp the concept of extent; one choice pisses off MORE people than the other.

Why? Why should I care if they piss off cheaters and exploiters exactly?

Hmm. Were talking about what will piss of more people? Or just that everyone’s going to be pissed off regardless? :thinking: You seem like you fail to grasp context. I’d be perfectly happy to discuss that issue with you, but I don’t take too kindly to you telling me I have a bad take when you’re taking my posts out of context.

You zoomers sure are impolite.

What are you talking about? We are talking about RDF, not “cheaters and exploiters”.

We are talking about what’s best for the community. Siding with a minority over a majority and making a deeply unpopular decision because “oh well someone will be pissed off regardless ¯\(ツ)/¯” is a cop-out.

You boomers sure are confused.

2 Likes

If we were on the same server I’d totally group with you! That sounds fun!

Ahh, my bad. I’m discussing stuff in so many different threads, it can sometimes be easy for me to forget which one I’m in.

But every other aspect of my post still stands. I personally don’t care how many people are pissed off about this, because it’s a good change for the game. Not to mention, this is only going to actually affect people for less than 25% of the content in Wrath.

Sure. And dungeon finder is not.

Yeah, majorities don’t determine what’s best.

It’s not my impression that this decision was “deeply unpopular”. But if you have some objective evidence that points to the opposite, I’d love to see it.

Yeah, that’s not what we were talking about. Once again, context is important. I said nothing about majorities or minorities. I said “Everyone’s really angry” in the context of the forums. That has nothing to do with whether the majority of people agree or disagree with the decision.

1 Like

It’s not a good change for the game. Only out-of-touch gatekeeping purists think so, and many of them won’t even play WotLK because they hate it for other reasons. They are generally the sort of people who insist that any and all changes beyond Classic were automatically bad. The same people also want dual spec gone. We were just unfortunate enough for one of those boomer dads to end up as the lead classic developer.

It is, and community opinion is largely in favour of it.

There’s no objective metric at all for declaring a removal of LFD to be “what’s best”. It’s entire feelycrafting BS, and again it’s a change aimed at appealing to people who largely don’t like WotLK regardless. It’s a hilariously misinformed and idiotic decision to make.

These classic servers are meant to be authentic museum-piece experiences of the original expansions. WotLK had dungeon finder, as should the classic server version. LFG was a good feature because it kept entry-level dungeons relevant. This was especially important since LFD was added in 3.3 and the game would go into a year of no content before Cataclysm. We see in Burning Crusade what happens when forming dungeon groups is tedious: people stop doing them and the whole “social aspect” that they’re apparently trying to preserve disappears.

There’s no direct gauge on the popular opinion on this issue because only Blizzard can get an accurate sample of that and they neglected to ask about this most contentious of issues in any of their email surveys. Either they were stupid enough to believe the community opinion was so one–sided against LFD that it wouldn’t be controversial, or they figured that asking about it in the surveys would give away their intention so they decided to deceive everyone instead. Either way it’s not good.

In any case what we do have is forums including this one and the classic WoW reddit. There are some polls created but, let’s be honest, those aren’t going to be representative samples (that’s good for your side because all the polls are heavily in favour of adding LFD). But notice the sheer volume of pro-LFD posts and the votes in favour of them. They always receive the most likes and positive attention. On the very announcement thread of WotLK classic the first comment saying they should have LFD in WotLK classic has about 8 times as many likes as the announcement post itself.

This looks very similar to the flying debacle in 2015. In that debacle they also got duped into catering to a vocal minority who insisted flying was bad (another terrible take BTW). They started off WoD with no flying, planning to have it in a later patch, and when the voices on the forums still looked about balanced between flying and no-flying (and in fact on MMO-champions most were against flying) Blizzard assumed they were on the right track and revealed that they would in fact never have flying again in the current content.

Well, as it turned out, the majority did like flying and the only reason they weren’t dominating the discussion on the forums was because they were under the impression that they were getting flying soon. When it was revealed that they weren’t and Blizzard sided against them, they all came to the forums at once. I remember back then the forums showed 50 threads on each page and on General Discussion literally the entire front page was all threads demanding flying. The pressure was so overwhelming that they relented.

This looks similar in that for a while it looked on Burning Crusade Classic Discussion and /r/classicwow that anti-LFD was the majority. The people supporting it (like me) didn’t show up because… we were going to get it in WotLK, right? But now Blizzard again sided with the obnoxious purists and it’s clear what the majority actually thinks (pro-LFD).

What you said was “It’s so much better for them to take action that will piss people off than to do nothing and still piss people off.”. That’s an ignorant statement. Because taking the action pisses more people off than not doing it.

Excuse you where did I ever say I was “anti-LFD” ?

I don’t post on these forums often. I’ve encountered Zipzo and they’re pretty bad, but I think you’re right that it does like like Aurumai gives Zipzo a run for their money.

1 Like