Blizzard Getting it Right

You can go through my post history and can see that I’m rarely ever giving credit to Blizzard or their team for much in the recent years.

I find the upcoming changes to be completely in line with what Classic stands for. One particular detail in there struck me as the reason. All classes can queue as any role.

Sounds stupid at first, right? Having a Warrior healer, LOL.

Not really once you think a little more. Considering that this is all about agency and options you would probably have more questions for the group leader accepting a Warrior as a healer.

And that’s when it hit me. Retail sucks because it holds your hand entirely too much.

Just look at the starting zones. In Classic if you don’t know what to do, you can end up wandering aimlessly until finding that first quest mob. Retail puts you on a path that makes it incredibly difficult to fail on.

RDF turns off a lot of Classic players because of this. It holds the hands of players who can’t get into groups normally. Getting a group isn’t hard, sometimes it’s frustrating and takes a bit, but nothing about it is difficult. Eliminating the nuances of the game defeats the purpose of a pasttime.

14 Likes

I agree. Everyone’s really angry, but this is going to be great in the long run.

8 Likes

I agree with this.

I have an enh shaman tank. I use it to tank dungeons and stuff from time to time. For fun ofcourse. It’s not great, but its fun to do.

I want to be able to do that.

9 Likes

even if by some miracle blizzard made everyone happy
everyone will still be angry

2 Likes

Very true. It’s so much better for them to take action that will piss people off than to do nothing and still piss people off. There will probably be some stubborn people who continually spam the forums about this until the end of Wrath, but overall, I think this will all blow over once people have settled in and just played the game.

People in here will be crying by p2 that they can’t get into heroics for badges.

1 Like

It will be tough for casual players to get into groups since Ilvl will be a thing. As a top tier player, my recommendation is casuals hold onto your highest Ilvl pieces even if they are not bis. Use them to get into groups. Trust me, raid leaders will be checking Ilvl rather than your actual gear 9/10 times imo.

1 Like

Good joke. Almost as funny as insinuating any of the proposed changes are good ones.

2 Likes

If I get an Enh Shammy signing up as a tank for my group, I’m definitely inviting them out of pure curiosity. I’m glad they aren’t restricting roles.

3 Likes

Imagine thinking that allowimg a warrior to join as a healer creates so much player interaction that it changes the game at all. Lol.

3 Likes

In OG wrath when you are geared enough you dont need a dedicated tank/healer for instances. A fury warrior could tank with his damage alone and the group kills everything before it kills him.

“As a top tier player” the ego on this man.

1 Like

This feature is going to be completely useless. People will list themselves in the new dungeon finder just so they can go back to spamming the LFD channel. Or worse, they’ll completely forego the LFD channel and just spam the trade chat for dungeon groups. Blizzard is doing the opposite of ‘right’, and have been since they announced no RDF for WOTLK Classic. To add to it, they’ve announced all kinds of potential changes to make it even worse.

Remember when the anti-LFD group said “what is so engaging about afking in a capital city waiting for your dungeon queue to pop?”.

Well now its going to standing in a capital city trying to get in a dungeon group.

4 Likes

Most the anti-LFD arguments were purely astroturfing. These people will agree with whatever blizzard chooses to do. Any “stance” they have is all for show, they just argue for the sake of siding with Blizzard.

So, yea, not surprised to see massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy coming from people like Aurumai, Red, Axx, Tracyn, Eviey, Nocht, and Zipzo.

8 Likes

My fault… * Clears throat * … The best monk player to ever exist!! … there, happy now?

1 Like

/world chat is back

This is hilarious. It’s almost as if you’ve never read anything I’ve ever posted. :rofl:

But I’d love for you to point out my “massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy”. Which posts were you talking about? :slight_smile:

Where did they say this?

No, keep dreging up old posts. This is entertaining to me. Looks like you serve a purpose afterall.

What’s that? You were just lying in a desperate, feeble attempt to make me look bad? Got it. I can’t say that I’m surprised, as that’s how most people who disagree with me seem to act.

I’m still very curious to know what these “massive inconsistencies and hypocrisy” are though. I’m curious to know where you think I’ve been inconsistent or hypocritical.

3 Likes