Bots...still?

here’s a thought. what if they’re worth more than you?

3 Likes

40 subscriptions and people making a living vs 1 person who is mad about them every now and then = they dont care. They are on every server and nothing will be done until the next 80k+ viewer streamer points out the problem like last time.

4 Likes

Those “people” pay for subs/boosts.

i miss the bald men

Blizzard doesn’t want to take action is the primary reason.

Blizzard certainly doesn’t seem to care. Especially since it’s been proven by the indie teams running private realms that botters can be eradicated.

That being said, at least once a day I’ll do a /who in those dungeons and report all of the people with those classes/levels if they have a gibberish name, or a name that was obviously made using the game’s random name feature. At the moment, I have 4 pages of “Thanks for reporting” mail from Blizzard in my character’s inbox. It’s clearly doing nothing to stop the problem, but I at least like the idea that I’m helping to waste the money of the people who do it.

1 Like

It’s adorable that you think Blizz wouldn’t lie to you.

2 Likes

Yup.

That way they’re the only ones selling gold and gear and boosts.

Simple. Bots make the MAU # look better in quarterlies. Which makes shareholders happy. You are not as valuable to ActiBlizz as shareholders are.

They have cut WoWs throat to appease their Gods.

This was not done out of the kindness of their hearts. Almost uniformly, any pserver which banned botters did so because at least 1 GM would create and sell gold under the table. The botters were competition.

This was the worst kept secret of every private server going all the way back to Nostalrius.

Blizz allowing bots to do this is basicslly jebaiting people to break tos. Not to mention the bots in ramparts are fly hacking too right lol.

Cmon blizz…put your foot down

Atleast for wrath

1 Like

I didn’t say it was done out of the kindness of their hearts. I’m simply that even third-party indie teams have completely dealt with the ‘unsolvable’ bot problem. They are proof that Blizzard is consciously choosing to let the problem persist.

Because Blizz is more interested in $$$ than the quality of their product. They make a ton off bots.

True. But remember that a lot of casual players who think gold buying is ok because everyone is doing it get banned and then either take a break and play other games until the suspension is up or just quit the game alltogether

so there are multiple negatives to the pathetic policing of rmt abusers by blizzard; for example it impacts community in a bad way and hurts genuine players who feel they have no choice

1 Like

If that was the case, Blizzard wouldn’t have come down so hard on multiboxers.

So long as players keep buying gold… there will always be bots. Kick and scream as much as you want at Blizzard… at the end of the day… this is a player made problem.

Big brain idea.

If they killed all bots and gold selling. It wouldn’t just cost them subs on the botting accounts but it would trickle down to real people who buy gold to run GDKPs and buy boosts ect…. Those people would also quit if they can’t buy gold cause they ain’t farming let’s be real. So the monetary cost would be massive long term for blizzard. If they do a ban wave every few months or so gold sellers make there $$. Blizzard makes there’s and the gold sellers boost new toons/accounts the cycle repeats.

1 Like

Gdkps would be unaffected if RMT and botting were dealt with. What you said is false at best and Alex Jones at worst

Pay subs get away with whatever you want with the automated team blizzard employs because they literally don’t care about classic. It’s run by a bare bones staff.

Believe it or not, Blizzard is a business and like most other businesses its primary function is to make money. See those neat-looking rainbow flags companies are showing off right now? You didn’t actually think they care about supporting a cause, do you? How about the Ukraine flags over the past few months? Nope, they still don’t care. They are pandering to groups of people in order to get their money. Bots make Blizzard money, lots of money, and as long as they continue to make Blizzard lots of money they will continue to exist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.