Boost on WOTLK fresh servers need to be removed

I would like to regard and take notice besides server transfers which is sort of addressed in a double speak manner. Boost from WOTLK fresh needs to be removed even if its 90 days; this needs to be addressed and can help hinder the botting issue while not fully remove it . Having a boost in classic in general goes against core principles let alone having it in a fresh server defeats the purpose of a fresh server even if its behind a time gate. This needs to be spoken more by the community also and engage how important this is also.

32 Likes

I wonder what time limit would be a happy medium.

1 Like

It could be possible but we might end up in a circle where we are with TBC. But that’s possible if they are so inclined on micro trans. Maybe a year and a half after wrath as a happy medium but just thought of having boost still kills me

1 Like

In 18 months wrath will be over

3 Likes

18 months from now probably.

I agree 100 percent on this matter Blizzard needs to address this.

1 Like

Their update specifically mentions transfers being extended, not boosts. So yeah…seems like a pipe dream they won’t allow them or delay allowing boosts. Which is unfortunate, since that opens the floodgates for bots, making it much easier to instantly get a farming machine and (more importantly) continue to instantly make farming machines when Blizz does token ban waves.

If they want to add boosts, for the love of God hire some damn GMs to monitor what’s going on. Ban gold sellers and gold buyers. And not for three days. Lifetime ban, first offense. Clean up your game. They could do this, but will they? So far they haven’t cared enough to try.

4 Likes

If they are gun ho for keeping boost in the game atleast do a year and a half after wrath to a middle ground. But your 100 percent correct the moment boost go in floodgates for bots making farming easier. Not sure if they wanna dip money into GMs. But i agree with you on that also

As soon as boosts are introduced, one can expect the economy to be overrun with inflation. As bots and gold farmers/sellers flood the server, honest players will rapidly lose interest due to the “pay-to-win” nature of GDKPs, something that was almost entirely absent from the game at the time of the original’s release.

There is already a thread on the topic:

No need to add more.

1 Like

I’d ask for a minimum of six months for transfers and boosts.
Additionally, add some restrictions on transfers for gold and items.

3 Likes

Paying Blizzard for a Boost is a better situation than paying RMT to bot farmers for a boost. And the second WILL happen.

You’re right.

It needs to be removed and replaced with a level 80 boost.

4 Likes

No boosts and no transfers period,ever

4 Likes

At least 6 months, I think. By then, I’m sure Blizzard will have let already let bots run rampant and destroy the economy. Though really, I’d prefer never.

What update are you talking about? This is from the only one I’m aware of:

2 Likes

Scroll down.

Or hit the little Blizz button with the arrow.

Ah, I see. Kinda wish they’d just have Kaivax edit the original post. Thanks!

Blizzard has been quite on this. But Honestly the community should not be so accepting of the boost either just cause they ninjaed it in TBC. Which is wrong regardless of mages influence. I feel like the normalized it now no one seems to care as much as server transfers which both are bad.

2 Likes

imagine telling blizzard not to make money

2 Likes

This is what we need bring back core values.