[Wall of text] Dungeon finder isn't being "cut" from Wrath Classic

And that’s fine.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to rub that in; I just wanted to be clear in case saying “wrath as it was” meant including it at launch like so many people do.

Right, like, it’s not that I wouldn’t have taken it at launch if offered, but ICC is fine. Just like Dual spec, I’d like it early, but when it was released is fine as well, as long as they don’t make any proposed “changes” to it.

I’d rather wait for something and get it as it was, than get it early and it lose some of that.

1 Like

Sorry you took the time to write this ‘wall of text’, but it was in wrath, and it was definitely in wrath long enough to make the cut. Not only was it in long enough, it was a good enough feature to where it should be implemented during WOTLK Classic launch day. We’re also getting the 3.3.5 patch of wrath, which is when RDF was released, therefore should be part of the launch experience. Your entire post is well written, but unfortunately its the wrong opinion to have.

RFD is the type of feature that should be released on Wrath Classic launch day, or not at all. What good does it do to come at the end of Wrath when its used the least?

2 Likes

Towards the end is when it will be needed the most. It’s also the most we can really ask for for an authentic wrath

1 Like

I didn’t mind the boost, mount and toys. The boost doesn’t impact TBC content, and the mount and toys are just cosmetic. Those were not fundamental changes to the game itself.

Now, same faction BGs are a fundamental change, and I was absolutely against it. What if Blizz decided to nerf EMFH too? I have no reason to believe they wouldn’t do this now. This is why I was #nochanges. It prevents these problems from occurring in the first place. The game would be exactly like it was, so everyone knows what to expect. This way they can decide for themselves whether or not they want to play the game instead of having it changed without warning.

2 Likes

Should be added at the start, 0 reason not to do it.

4 Likes

I get the ‘authenticity’ of getting it near the end of wrath, but the first phase is when people will be doing dungeons the most and make the most out of it. I know my entire guild is going to be spamming heroics nonstop during phase one. We’ll probably only do the daily once Ulduar hits and then thats it for the rest of the expansion. Might see some use leveling alts.

1 Like

This would get the most people playing for sure.

2 Likes

Well, it would require more work to get it viable at the start then blizzard is likely willing to put in.

they would probably conveniently forget to lower the internal ilvl requirements and it would be nearly impossible to queue for heroics.

I get what you’re… getting at, but because everyone is going to be doing dungeons at the start it’s not really needed because groups will be a dime a dozen.

3 Likes

Agreed. I started playing WoW halfway through WotLK, and using LFD was literally my WotLK experience.

1 Like

You dont think its important to be vocal about a major change in the game that was poorly communicated?

Thats all your server does lol

1 Like

i mean, the wrath experience is basically just ulduar and then icc, so… dungeon finder was a big part. lol

1 Like

LFG was pure failed retail game design and I’m glad they aren’t implementing it. If you rolled on a megaserver and have 0 sense of community then that’s your own problem. The problem is that people don’t talk to one another enough as is, the solution definitely isn’t to add a tool to prevent them communicating at all. I’d be fine with it being implemented alongside ICC however if there’s actually demand for it.

3 Likes

There’s a bit of demand, yes

2 Likes

I’ve been extremely vocal about LFD and I am for giving the majority of the community what they want and that seems to be an authentic and organic Wrath experience. If that means waiting until ICC then I think most people are fine with that. I am.

Saying this only strengthens the case that dungeon finder is unnecessary.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree there. To me, those are shining examples of Blizzard desecrating the spirit and memory of the game for quick profit. It doesn’t make much sense to get into that argument in this thread, but just know that I brought it up because it was a very important and contentious point for many of us and the answer we got was that promises made in 2018 didn’t apply to anything but Vanilla Classic.

That being said, there’s little sense in arguing that leaving dungeon finder out of Wrath Classic constitutes a lie. If it does, that ship sailed literally years ago.

Hard agree there!

Vanilla Classic is a perfect example of how things will go poorly if the game isn’t retrofitted to plug certain holes though. Unfortunately the world buff meta ruined the experience for a lot of people. We almost had a similar situation with Drums of War, but they rightfully decided that no changes would ironically result in a very different experience.

Don’t be sorry, the whole point is to have a discussion! About the “it was in Wrath” and “Wrath was based on a build that had dungeon finder already”, I’ve already addressed those points at the end of the thread.

As for it being I’m the game long enough, I’ve also spoken to it. Just from a factual, statistical point of view, anti-dungeon finder wins. The majority of the Wrath experience happened without dungeon finder, both in quantity of time AND quantity of content.

I appreciate that this might not mirror the experience you personally had with Wrath, but we can’t just ask for changes to be made to everyone’s experience just to fit your personal experience. I played all of Wrath from beginning to end and adding dungeon finder on launch would change my experience.

So what’s the solution when everyone has a different experience? Literally everyone had a different experience. Who chooses which experience is the “correct” one?

The solution would be to use the original design philosophy as a cornerstone for bringing Wrath back today, regardless of the overlap of peoples’ personal experience or lack thereof.

1 Like

Well put and constructive thread about the issue. Sadly it will be drowned out by people who will just yell for what they want assuming that LFG was always a cornerstone of WoTLK.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s definitely sad to see how little actual discussion has been going on and how much insult hurling has been happening in its place.

1 Like

Awesome post OP.

1 Like