Once wrath is over

What I never understood is Blizzards need to increase player level each expansion. I mean just add more content (lands/raids/dungeons) and stop making older content outdated with each expansion.

1 Like

The Dark Portal

I would still be playing classic right now, if I could get normal leveling groups (DeadMines, for example). :frowning:

1 Like

Where does the line get drawn between TBC and Wrath? It’s pretty simple: when Wrath launched. Just like every expansion. Whatever existed during Wrath…is Wrath. Whatever existed during TBC…is TBC. Whatever existed during Cata…is Cata.

It’s not really very complicated.

Now, if we’re talking about a ‘Classic+’ type project and designing from an overall philosophy of picking and choosing different systems from different expansions, that’s a different subject. But these Classic servers should simply be authentic.

1 Like

2023 Classic Cataclysm
2024 Classic MoP
2025 Classic WoD
2026 Classic Legion
2027 Classic BfA
2028 Classic Shadowlands
2029 Classic Dragonflight
2030 Classic Classic Vanilla

2 Likes

I would replay classic with SOM styled xp buff. nerfed boosting. bot banning. and some balance tweaking. Im anti-cata classic. MoP is a top expansion to me but everythign cata and beyond is “retail”. I enjoy WoW and prefer classic, thus i would do the vanilla tp wrath progression over multiple times.

because each expac acts as a fresh start to give players a chance to join in on more equal footing as gear gets reset as people re-progress.

What you would have is old servers where new players could never catch up

I’ll probably stay in Wrath, but if I were to play Vanilla again I’d want full changes. Class balance, convenience features like dual spec, etc.

My idea was actually the opposite-
Classic+ to keep 40 man and 20 man raids, and never change those sizes.
Add more 40 man and 20 man raids to the game after Naxxramas. Raids that are large and epic, without different difficulties, with trash that matters etc.
Raiding in Classic+ wouldn’t have to ‘compete’ with Retail raiding, it could have its own niche instead.

1 Like

Possibly… but most likely, I’ll focus on Retail once Wrath is over. The biggest reason for me to play Wrath now is to experience playing an old school DK.

Nah. I only wanted the experience one more time. Having blizzard completely blow it really took my drive to care away.

Once wrath is done, I’m out. Especially if dragonscam is as bad or worse than shadowlands.

Unless they want to totally reinvent what vanilla would be, modern changes, new story, etc. But I wouldn’t trust them to do that right either.

well considering with their new changes wrath is DOA, I’ll likely go back to other games, i’ll raid log and after the Lich King is dead, ill simply deactivate my account again and walk away, i did it in 2015, I’ll do it again.

its definitely non-zero. I’ll play cata classic for godmode druids if they walk back their no lfd nonsense.

1 Like

Nah, I still think vanilla is one of the worst wow experiences.

I don’t really understand what people find interesting in completely broken speccs and classes absolutely awful itemization, and unimaginative raids.

The entire game is broken and buggy, and stuff like the world buff metas just were not interesting.

2 Likes

No.
I did classic so that I could see what I missed the first time around. Some of it was fun, but a lot of it is too much of a hard slog for my liking. TBC feels a lot better, and I’m struggling to think of anything in wrath that I didn’t really enjoy the first time around.

Definitely. Although I’d much rather play Wrath forever. And unless Blizzard stopped leaning on stuff like layering as a crutch and allowing botters to run rampant, I’d probably just rather play Vanilla and Wrath on a private realm.

1 Like

Don’t give them ideas! :joy:

I’d like to see some arena tournament style servers for TBC and WOTLK (or at least WOTLK) - with some fun wPvP events added to get players out and messing around in the world (gurubashi etc.). Arena junkies enjoy playing the game forever, competitively, in a particular niche way.

That experience is made better by a live PvE server in some ways, so you’re not just showing off to other PvP junkies alone, but as far as ONGOING arena + PvE environments I think that’s going to be the realm of DF and future retail expansions.

An arena tourney server would just be a nice thing to have access to and they could have some fun with it and run events every so often.

I wonder if WOD would be a good expansion if they pushed content faster?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.