The Silent Reinhardt nerf

I am a GM/Top 500 MT player who primarily plays Reinhardt I came on today estatic to see the Hanzo nerfs however the first game I played with Reinhardt I could tell something was horribly wrong. Almost every animation cancel for Reinhardt has been removed from the game and their is absolutely no mention of it in the patch notes. This is completely horrendous, they effectively removed all of the skill expression out of this hero and the worst part is that nobody is talking about it. Am I just insane is it just me?

289 Likes

i noticed this too
the jump, shield cancel, into shield again (to move faster)
seems to be delayed aswell. this was what i noticed at first

butā€¦
infactā€¦ he feels very sluggish nowā€¦ =/
almost as if iā€™m playing with laggā€¦
now that you mention the animation cancel, i can see it immediately.
yes.

55 Likes

Clearly theyā€™re trying to simulate Reinhardtā€™s gameplay experience to reflect his old age :man_shrugging:

Rein players canā€™t catch a break

119 Likes

Just fix the Rein bugs LOOOOL 4Head (it seriously frustrates me, that these things keep happening and its not even mentioned in the patchnotes)

5 Likes

Oh, they nerfed jump shield, one of the key movement abilities for Rein

Guessing you canā€™t cancel melee/Fire Strike anymore either

Thatā€™s cool, man, wanted more excuses not to play Rein

45 Likes

As a rein main (not by choice though)
i truly feel like a pinyataā€¦
Doomfist punching me, brigitte toying with me, moira shooting orbs at me, hamster is now playing with me. now Blizz nerfing my movements xD

whatā€™s next? Blizz removing my armor and german accent? xD

76 Likes

The only true maintank in the game and blizz found a way for he people who like main tank to not enjoy it

13 Likes

Reinhardt is completely broken atm.

What the hell did they do with him lol.

6/10 swings do not register

28 Likes

indeedā€¦ everything seems sluggishā€¦
Like he does not have enough issues to begin withā€¦

4 Likes

itā€™s not a bug itā€™s a feature.

ENJOY

39 Likes

What the hell have they done to himā€¦ he feels so bad to play now.

6 Likes

I feel that they give the game to interns to make the changes there was not even a developer update.

5 Likes

it feels really unprofessional when they donā€™t include all the changes in the patch notes. itā€™s like they are trying to deceive us =/
or we are stupid enough not to notice xD

33 Likes

Well they got away with an automated report system for a year and even today 50% of the forums still donā€™t believe it. So why should they care?

16 Likes

I heard there was also a change in lootboxes dropping duplicate epicā€™s again. I hope somethings got broken and this isnā€™t intentionalā€¦

6 Likes

i see
it seems like alot of issues was included in this update =/

it feels weirdā€¦ i meanā€¦ the amount of issues included hereā€¦ it almost seems like they were rushed out =/

2 Likes

All my drive to competitively play this game is gone because their is no mechanical difference between a Bronze Rein and a GM Rein

6 Likes

That would be a bug fix not a nerf you guys say fix his bugs

Lol look at the ā€œprosā€ they are about as unprofessional as they come. You have several of them clouded in allegations of cheating/boosting and then you have the drama inside the league as well. I donā€™t expect them to be ā€œprofessionalā€ at all is they canā€™t manage their pro players along with their staff

11 Likes

i guess asking them to be professional may be too much =/
but i still donā€™t understand their logic behind some of their changes/bugs/nerfs

Rein has, since long, had many issuesā€¦ and they addressed this by adding another issue xD Professional or not, they sure donā€™t seem to care xD

4 Likes