Reinhardt sluggish after patch (bug)

After the latest patch Reinhardt feels very sluggish and slow.
When Reinhardt tries to swing his hammer while holding his shield, it takes an entire extra 1-1.5 seconds for the swing attack to start happening.
Same with Firestrike.

It’s even worse with more delay if you are jumping with the shield and try to swing.

Also if you try to shield jump shield jump cancel to move a bit faster no longer works. Everything that has to do with animation cancel has been removed or bugged out.

This is a massive bug that makes Reinhardt unplayable.
He is already enough buggy as it is.

Edit: Brigitte has similar but less noticeable problem:

Also another Reinhardt bug:

38 Likes

How can they fuc* up this hard honestly.

3 Likes

Earthshatter is buggier too. I went into the training room and had to farm ES 3 times before I hit all the intended bots in a clear line of sight. The first two missed bots who were blatantly in range. (1m~ if that from hammer range)
I’m seriously just going to buy a new account and play exclusively play dps/support at this rate, every patch either breaks Reinhardt more or blueballs the other tanks to the point they’re not fun to play, regardless of how needed they are.

Blizzard needs to speak about this, and fix this as soon as possible.

9 Likes

This is getting ridiculous. One step forward, two steps back.

5 Likes

One step forward? Oh you mean the April step?

Seriously I can’t take this anymore, they’ve been ignoring the poor guy since launch then tell us they’re working on a fix that will deploy in April. Then this happens…

P.S: ITS JULY BLIZZARD, JULY!

6 Likes

You’re right. No steps forward. Only steps backward.

3 Likes

Very true. I don’t play Reinhardt, but I think Reinhardt was buggy and “bad” already. I don’t know if it was the player or just Reinhardt, but it is very easy to kill him. His shield needs to go up faster, imo his fire strike should be faster to unleash, and needs a bigger range or needs faster swings. Idk tho

I havent played him too much since the new patch but I did notice his jumping was very short? like it didnt go up as high? and it was very sluggish. And hammering after having the shield up is super slow with the wind up/cast time.

Im actually a bit scared that they will fix the “positive bugs” that rein has (Like increasing swing hitbox, shield hopping, swing strike cancel and swing shield cancel) but they will forget to remove less-known but still drammatically impactfull bugs like extended charge (when you pinn a target at the very end of your charge it gets extended by like 20 meters and may even result in colliding into a wall) or the camera bugs he has sometimes when firestriking/shattering while holding shield that result in a 90/180 camera turn

2 Likes

Animation canceling isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. Literally every hero has animation canceling. Shield hopping in particular is crucial to Reinhardt, it’s like taking the jump after Guardian Angel from Mercy.

And if they’re still going down this route, they should “bug fix” Genji and Tracer and other heroes’s animation cancels. Which isn’t going to happen because we know why.

2 Likes

Don’t see it in the know bug/issues list/post.

Has Blizz acknowledged this anywhere yet?

No because it’s a stealth change.

1 Like

I posted this in another rein bug thread…

Animation canceling has never been intended by a game developers. The animations are intended as they represent a skill/movement that allows other players to react. Its a lot harder to react to an animation cancel that is done in under .25 seconds when the average human reaction time is .25 seconds…add in cast times like road hog hooks and ana sleep darts or projectile shots and you’ll NEVER react in time to an animation cancel…

Animation cancels have been an exploit in gaming for decades, especially in MMO’s…theres always some loophole where 1 skill can have its animation canceled (unintentionally by dev’s) by another skill. Its not something any developer boasts about or even adds into their tips…

Loads up comp game
See’s tip in bold letters at bottom of screeen

“You can cancel reins SKILL B animation with SKILL A but you cannot cancel SKILL A animation with SKILL B”

Thanks for the PRO TIP Blizz! Erm I mean exploit discovered by players and gone unreported due to its benefits…

1 Like

Dev comment when? 20 chars rule is stupid

The shield animation is insanely slow, so even if that were true, they should drastically reduce the shield retracing animation because it makes it painfully slow to do anything at all.

Also if this is true, then it should be universal for all heroes, not a select few,which it isn’t atm.

I have 145 hours on reinhardt. like this he is completely unplayable because that extra second to second and half makes him completely vulnerable and he just… melts… honestly im heartbroken? Ive put so much time into him and this game and I have really started to do well. I just… This just hurts. I have managed to play through brig, and work hard to find a place in the meta and now this.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. What a joke this is

Blizzard there is definitely something drastically wrong with Reinhardt after the update please address the problem for us tank mains it would be greatly appreciated.

Sluggish indeed and… did they do something to the ult? Because it seems, if this is possible, worse…

1 Like