Shorter DPS queues: Here is how

Yeah, apparently some people just wants to “Punish those Selfish DPS mains”, because like we all know, everyone that plays DPS or queue as a DPS deserves the punishment, right? haha let them BURN

Well … since Blizzard destroyed many Flex player’s way to play the game, which is … ironically, the CORRECT way to play it in the first place, how about this :

• Create a High priority queue on DPS, or the queue with most waiting time
  • Create a “Priority ticket” worth 1 valid game (the match can’t be canceled)
  • Create a target, like “Win 2 matches in wanted roles (Tank/Support)” as a “repeteable quest” to win 1 ticket.
  • Optional: You can limit those tickets to 1 per day or 5 or whatever.

Q: “Well Hyphen … why is that idea so good mate?.”
A: I will tell you audience. Mostly because it encourages flexing on other roles AND winning, not just playing and throwing.
By doing so, you are effectively reducing the queues for the rest of the DPS already AND for those with the “Ticket”.

Q: “Sure dude sure … but arent you penalizing the other DPS that don’t do the quest in comparison?”
A: Good point, but no, not really. Its something optional and you are not waiting more in queue that you would without anyone doing the quest.

Any questions? Anyone thinks different? How to adjust the thresholds, etc?

6 Likes

this idea I’ve been posting many times.

but in order to introduce that you will need to wait some time and you cannot announce that.

DPS onetricks can just throw games to reach low elos and then win easily games.

if blizzard does that they will have to make people play all roles to determine their rank so they don’t abuse this system to farm easy wins on low elos.

What happens if you load into paris and and we get the obligatory queue dodge.

That brings 2 risks:
1- Getting suspended/banned for throwing
2- Spending way more minutes doing that “trickery” than actually waiting on the DPS queue, which makes no sense.

Ticket is for a valid full match, only ends when the match ends. Like I said, if its canceled, the ticket is not consumed.

I posted a very similar idea earlier.

No, because it reduces everyone’s average queue time for DPS when the roles are more evenly distributed. You would be increasing queue times for tank and support, but overall you’d be fixing the problem.

2 Likes

within 2days you can throw 1500SR … it takes many bans to get a permaban on the account. you are underestimating the playerbase if you think people won’t go for that. it’s very easy to throw games without getting many reports.

Well I cant predict stupid people doing stupid things mate but sure, you can put a limit per rank. Like you need to win in the rank you want to spend the ticket.
Prio-Gold ticket cant be spent on Plat, etc.

1 Like

You know. I still don’t think it would fix the queue time issue.

But it wouldn’t make it worse, and it would make the situation a lot more bearable.

So yeah, the idea is really growing on me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it sounds a bit convoluted… but I really love the idea of “Doing something to be a cool guy and help even the numbers, you get your turn to do the thing you want”

1 Like

Should take a lot of work under the hood but its the best thing I can think of without punishing anyone.

A similar idea is having it when you have more than one role selected you get fewer dps games (but you do get them) and it places you in them quickly when it does.

Gives the Matchmaker more leeway to make games rather than forcing it’s hand. So we get better games.

You underestimate how easy it is to place and stay in a low rank.

It would be faster than doing it properly with your idea, since losing is faster than winning.

Or… And hear me out on this one…:

Just remove the communisticly themed forced 2-2-2, and let everyone play the game how they want.

Problen solved. :smile:

1 Like

I don’t like op suggestion. I don’t like the idea of people playing roles their not interested in just to play dps faster.

Just go play qpc if you don’t want to wait in que.

shorten dps queue

1. Dont play dps

You underestimate how fast is people reporting and also how Blizzard’s tool work. Theres an interview with Seagull literally saying they have new tools in place to see who is throwing on purpose. Good luck “testing” them.

Not in this universe at least, since like I stated you still have to win 2 matches. If you have to throw 2-3 to make those matches easy, you are surpassing, by a HUGE amount in minutes, those DPS queues. Unless you are talking about GMs … who are not doing that at all.

Its optional pal, you dont like it? dont do it. Simple.

Oh you thought this was for QP … cute.
Yeah no, we are talking about competitive.

1 Like

No, not really. It’s really not that hard to subtly throw without anyone realizing.

Which has nothing to do with the measures I actually posted here but Ok dude, whatever.

I like the idea in theory, but a priority queue has a few issues in practice.

It will make matchmaking longer, as now the matchmaker has a new factor to consider: priority. Any new factors will only elongate the queue.

What if DPS stops being the most popular role? Do we just shift this system to whatever role is the most popular? What is the community does eventually balance out (whether due to this system or not)? Do we still keep the system in place because it was what got us here?

We already have incentives to play other roles, and it still hasn’t made a dent. I think your heart is in the right place, but I don’t think this is a good idea.

Subtle throwing means not being absolute garbage. Which means your wr at lowest is gonna be like 35%. Because a lot of your games are hard to win and a lot of them are hard to lose.

Anyone who wants to derank significantly will 6stack Road to Bronze since Bliz never actions those groups and its way way faster plus unlikely to get you reported since your teammates don’t care.

Anyways the idea that people would throw to 1000 Sr down, then play and win two full games, to save themselves from a 10min queue is absurd.

This change benefits Flex the most, dps the second most while having close to zero impact on tank since they will still be the role most in demand and so be facing nearly instant queue time in most tiers. It may create a 1-2 min increase in healer queue time. But healers should be happy as they’ve been telling dps “just queue healer/tank” and following that advice will be exactly why their queue increased. Now they can accept 3-4min queue or “just queue tank”