LIVE STREAM (Facebook) - OhNickel with Jeff Kaplan - (Old post)

Another Overwatch Creator’s Residency Stream is live, this time with OhNickel on Facebook Live. I am listening in so I will keep updating the post as I get any news I hear from it but will try to keep this as spoiler free from the PVE Brawl content as possible. I don’t recommend watching this if you want to be kept spoiler free:

Relevant notes I have collected so far:

• The Havana map will be a PVP map later down the road.
  • Echo and Sojorn is NOT hero 31.
  • Jeff Kaplan: “We are never making Jetpack cat!”
  • Jeff Kaplan: There are big plans for Junkerqueen. More on the long-term front.
  • Jeff Kaplan: The dev team is more focused on “feature content”.
  • The Anniversary Event is going to be cool because we have an all-new feature (that has not been asked for by the community) that is going to be really huge for the game. (Editor note: I made the mistake of saying it was a huge feature when I first typed it out yesterday)
  • Jeff Kaplan says there is going to be a skin for the Anniversary event that is “going to break the internet”.
  • Coming this summer and the early fall are a couple of more features that have been asked for by the community.
  • Guilds/Clans is NOT coming soon and not one of the upcoming features.
  • Cross platform play for Overwatch: “We would love to work on the details and challenges for that. But it’s challenging from a technical and business standpoint.”
  • Comics are in development.
  • There is no major reworks plan for any hero at this time.
  • We are definitely entertaining the idea of forced 2-2-2/role queue.
  • We have no immediate plans for permanent free-to-play.
  • No confirmation if Overwatch will come out for the Nintendo Switch at this time.
  • Jeff Kaplan: "We are looking to make further improvements to visually-impaired and hearing-impaired players including a subtitle system.
  • The design team consists of players ranging from Bronze to Grandmaster in the Competitive ranks.
  • Making a story mode would be as ambitious as making a brand-new game.
  • Last comment from Jeff Kaplan: “There is a really cool PVP surprise coming to the PTR very soon! Please be looking out for it!”

This was boring
We got a roadmap!
Conspiracy theory time
More content info from the devs?
F2P will kill Overwatch
❓ [Anniversary Patch] Guesses what's coming?
Forced 2-2-2 Is Never Going to Happen
Is the workshop the thing jeff was talking about?
Fitzyhere says hero 31 is a 'she'
Next Update Prediction
Next Update Prediction
Patch Tomorrow?
Patch Tomorrow?

I figured it would be, like Rialto, but it’s good to have confirmation.

I wonder if this one was designed with pvp in mind, this time, as Rialto has several places that were obviously designed for retribution. I guess I will see when I get home.

Everyone! I can say, don’t watch this if you want to keep yourself spoiler free!

It has been confirmed that Echo, Sojorn, and (most importantly) Jetpack Cat is not the next hero.

Jeff Kaplan has revealed there are big plans for Junkerqueen in the future. Apparently there is a lot of artwork already created by Arnold Tsang (Ovewatch’s Lead Artist)

I just wanna know, who this Ominic dude in the end is.

Jeff Kaplan said about him with “But that’s the cliff hanger”

I hope well find out soon.

Hakim or maybe even Reaper?

Ok but why a Facebook livestream???

Time to wait 3 to 4 months on an update about him/her

Tune in next year!

They just revealed that the Anniversary update is going to have a new feature that “many have asked for” and is going to be “really cool for the game”.

Jeff Kaplan says there is going to be a skin for the Anniversary event that is “going to break the internet”.

More features coming in the summer and early fall, but not going to be guilds.

Cross platform play for Overwatch:

“We would love to work on the details and challenges for that. But it’s challenging from a technical and business standpoint.”

Wreck-it-Ralph skin for Winston confirmed. Bonus points if he gets an “I’m gonna wreck it!” voiceline.

Jeff Kaplan: We are definitely entertaining the “2-2-2 lock”. What’s basically happened, the players evolved about how they play Overwatch. A lot of the frustrations is because we would be better off to force players to have a better team comp rather than you picking heroes faster than anyone else. From a design side the biggest challenge is that Damage role would increase in queue times dramatically. Re-tuning the heroes would be required to implement the 2-2-2 (such as Brigitte).

Long shot here but maybe it’s omnic Antonio from retribution?

It’s a Dva skin. About time.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.