More content info from the devs?

Can we have some sort of content roadmap? Really sick of these overly vague “were working on something huge!” speeches from the devs. Its no fun to be kept in the dark for so long. Even Paladins does an entire livestream breakdown of everything to come in the next patch about a month in advance. Wish overwatch could was like that.

12 Likes

Blizzard: We got some big stuff coming
A year later
Blizzard: We got some big stuff coming :rofl:
I agree I watch a few of Paladins live stream updates and its nice that they do live streams.

7 Likes

Another year later
Blizzard: We are excited to announce “Overwatch: Battle Royal”

2 Likes

I can guess what they are going to say next year, too. I am clairvoyant as heck, fam.

2 Likes

Thats what i love about them. They tell you everything thats gonna happen long before the update drops.

1 Like

I know it’s probably not exactly what you’re looking for, but it exists:

Yes and what we learnt from that? Echo and Sojourn arent next hero. D.va will get Legendary during aniversary and that they will add “new, exciting extra features soon ™”.

Soooo, yeah PR mumbo jumbo nothing concrete.

1 Like
  • Echo, Sojourn not hero 31.
  • Jetpack cat never going to be a hero.
  • Anniversary brings a new “huge” feature.
  • Feature dates: Summer and early fall
  • Guilds/Clans not coming soon.
  • Cross platform not coming soon.
  • No major reworks.

You get the idea. We learn a lot about what we definitely aren’t getting (Or at least aren’t getting soon), and some hints and dates for what we are getting. As I said, probably not what the OP is asking for, but it exists.

1 Like

them saying sojourn when not many people have speculated about her already tells alot because she might be the dps of 2020 or a hero in 2019 introduced at end as well.

In the early days of overwatch, It was fun to speculate what was gonna happen in the next patch. Now its become very repetitive and frustrating.

1 Like

As I said nothing concrete. Those features might be anything from forced 2-2-2 to OWL mobile viewer. And release dates might change depending on difficulties in implementing them. Also also Jeff “Jetpack cat never a hero” falls under “We will never add deathmatch category”.

2 Likes

Fair.

That would still be the case even if they gave us a proper roadmap though.

flips table

2 Likes

But we would be more understanding. Like for example Guilds. They said - we want to implement them but to whole Bnet. We know we can look foward to it and be “Okay it is big thing requiring a lot of work, we will wait as much as it is needed”.

With “lol secret stuff, ya gonna love” we dont know what we gonna get. And it all boils to trust that devs know what we want and deliver it. And lately that trust is diminishing in large quantities. I am not convince I am gonna love or even use new “Aniversary features”.

In early days we had solid fundations. From almost start we knew what gameplay will look like, what buisness model will be, how we will “progress” in game etc.

Future was beaming with possibilities. But after years of rising fog of secretcy we dont know on what we stand anymore. We know we dont want recycled events and half hearted attempts to please us. We see trought attempts to make us into Whales. In the end in storm is better to know there is island nearby than vague promise there will be.

1 Like

Meanwhile we have jeff explaining to us that which we can already see by ourselves and only answering questions through unofficial streams where you can’t even hear anything because people talking over one another.

Blizzard quality

2 Likes

Just another shark to jump when a quota has to be met.

1 Like

It really depends on what the secret stuff is, though. Like, if they were to tell us beforehand that they were working on a new map and it was going to be set in Istanbul, that would ruin the reveal for when it finally gets released.

(Bad example but you get the idea)

1 Like