An Easy way to Fix Genji deflect Hitbox

That, and there is that weird thing that if you kill Genji as he swift striked at the very last second, his corpse will fly towards you and still deals damage if the corpse collide, which is weird, and hilarious.

2 Likes

I do and have lost plenty of games because of it, it use to happen to me all the time as an Ana main. I’d shoot at someone else to heal them and Genji would still deflect it. Why are you against something that doesn’t change Genji’s power level? He’s not the only hero to ever have this problem. D.va had an old version of matrix that blocked bullets a good 2 meters off to the side of the matrix. Thankfully that was fixed in about 2 weeks.

3 Likes

because it would change Genjis power level, AND it would lead to more complaints. If you could see it in game, MORE people would complain.

If I was Blizzard I wouldn’t touch it at all.

He \ She is worried that if people saw how big it actually is - people would demand a nerf in size. Because currently the size is about 3 Genji’s across about 1 meter above.

3 Likes

How? It doesn’t change the way the skill is used. If changing D.vas matrix by straight up nerfing it after her hitbox mishap didn’t ruin the character it won’t ruin Genji to change the animation while leaving the size the same.

1 Like

We’re working on updating both the hitbox and the VFX for an update in May or June (rough ETA, could be longer, no h8 plz)

251 Likes

Edit: HI REDDIT! :3
While you are here Jeff, could we (the community) talk about keeping PvE Archive missions permanent? There is no reason to put so much effort into an event game mode, just for it to be available for 20 days.

56 Likes

wow I can’t believe this

1 Like

Really? That is sweet! Thanks so much!

I am somewhat surprised :slight_smile: (as you would expect from my comments).

1 Like

Updating as in decreasing it? Or making the current hitbox more visible?

1 Like

Our prayers are heard

10 Likes

This is a question I wanted to ask do you think ever in the future there will ever be a way to refund competitive tokens?

As in you’re nerfing Genji?

I thought you said he wasn’t on your radar as imbalanced?

Or do you just mean that you’re trying to make it feel less glitchy and disjointed from its visuals? As that would be nice.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

There’s no reason to h8, awesome news to be honest.

4 Likes

10 bucks say people are still going to complain about it after the changes go through

15 Likes

I mean Genji and Tracer are just hated heroes, and they’ll be hated even if they’re nerfed to the ground. People just hate them, no real reason.

12 Likes

Ana on the radar or waiting to see what pans out after all the new changes?

1 Like

Pls no h8. He’s doing his best.

7 Likes

I really don’t think so.
The main reason people don’t like Deflect is because you have “unexpected” deflects happening. One time I was playing Hanzo there was a Genji deflecting infront of me, I saw a Pharah peaking so I aimed at her, but my arrow gets deflected instead even though the arrow technically was no where near Genji.

3 Likes