Well hope for balance is gone out the window

Ok if hitboxes are the issue everyone is having JUST DONT SHOOT AT HIM. Its literally that simple.

them adding los to hogs hook was a fix. did it ruin hogs ability to hook behind a mountain? yes. did he need the ability to do so? no.

This is a fix. not a nerf.

The deflect complain does not come out of nowhere. There are videos adressing this issue which are like 1.5 years old and we had a thread on the old forums with multiple clips proving how broken it is with 1700+ upvotes.

We can only keep hope honestly.

People often-times aren’t even shooting at him and it gets deflected due to the size of it, not to mention people might be shooting in a general direction and he happens to deflect to avoid the one person specifically shooting at him while everything else that lands on him (such as spray from a DVa) comes back.

“Just don’t shoot at him.” Obviously that is the thing to do. Doesn’t mean it’s always possible. Kind of like when Ana sleeps someone that is being shot at and the person might stop shooting but the shots that fired off before hit the sleeping target and awaken them.

This is wrong. Deflect’s hitbox is almost the size of Reinhardt’s shield, and can cover Reinhardt when the Genji stands behind him.

The delay because of animation + the shot trajectory is a bit…odd.

Deflect hitbox is like much bigger than his body size, and I’m pretty sure you can protect people in front of you with it, though that only happened once.
Latency favoring one character over an other IS actually a balance issue, which can decide games.
And you say “don’t stand in front of him”, like he wasn’t more mobile than most characters.

So if latency is a “balance problem” I can actively complain about meis icicle curving due to latency. Latency isnt a balance problem, its a server problem.

Its not a nerf, its them finally making something work as intended. You can shoot above him, to the side of him, no where near his body and it still reflects…at this point my best guess is that it is as wide as a reinhardt shield but who really knows.

…who said anything about latency, can you read / have you ever played Mei? Her shot has like a delay when it fires. That’s not a server problem.

I dont know why that went to you. I clicked reply on someone else. Sorry about that. Even i was confused.

The hit box on deflect is huge and misleading plus Genji can cancel and act right out of it. If you bait it out Genji doesn’t get punished for it. It’s just as easy as saying… “lol don’t shoot at him” because that gets you 50-100 swift strike damage.

Im done with the community. When you make a bad call its the devs fault, if he defects dont shoot at him, when he swift strikes turn around and try to kill him or dont hes mobile with like 200 hp and easy to kill after you bait out the delfect. Every complaint about genjis delfect is because of human error and not the games. Sure the VFX’s are a little wonky, but not to this degree.

“im done with the community” equals the community has posted facts and video proof of an ability not working as intended but I like genji so I don’t want it changed. He is meant to deflect shots that are aimed at him to protect himself, not have a deflect that is as big as anyone’s guess that can prevent a whole team from shooting because they don’t know the range and wouldn’t want to accidentally cause self-damage.

They aren’t nerfing his reflect, they are making it work as intended.

No not at all infact. I have listed counters in the post and someone said “only two of those matter”, i have given obvious tips like “dont shoot at him” or “bait it out first” but people keep saying no counter play. The overwatch community blames the game and balance for self error, and im done arguing with brick walls that cant think for themselves.

And we have said multiple times that they are merely fixing the “don’t shoot at him”. Because currently it is not “don’t shoot at him” its “don’t shoot anywhere near his direction cause who knows how big his deflect really is.” Its supposed to be a deflect to protect his body and that is what they are fixing it to be. Go watch a video of a soldier intentionally trying to shoot around him to the side and still getting deflected and you’ll know why it isn’t working as intended.

I think you are new to this forum, because a couple months ago a video showing how deflect is really broken was a massive hit here.

Really? (You can post a link if you change the o in .com to a 0)

Both the hitbox and the VFX are being looked at.

Sure, he didn’t say anything about making it smaller, but it’s a pretty safe assumption that they wouldn’t make it bigger.