đź‘Ž GENJI nerfed. My Problem with it

While I’m all for jumping on the Gengu-down train, this probably won’t break him. If it does too bad but it likely won’t-
My issue is this. He gets (hardly) a nerf, yet the dev felt obligated to post “no h8 pls.”
Meanwhile Mercy sits on her 7th nerf with no megathread response…Sym on her 2nd failed rework, and many other heroes in F tier… but no “no h8” for them, even though we just saw how easy it was to use your platform.

87 Likes

Deflect fix

10 Likes
6 Likes

Deflect hitbox is getting visual changes but we don’t know if it’s even a nerf.

36 Likes

How is fixing an utterly broken hitbox a “nerf”?

112 Likes

Pretty sure the “no h8 plz” was in reference to it possibly taking longer than intended, not about the changes.

105 Likes

What are you on about?
This is months away and just a bug fix on his busted deflect which should of been addressed a long time ago.
2nd failed Sym rework? When was the second time?
Anyways are you really making a post complaining that Jeff said no h8? Lol damn

25 Likes

mercy is fine, she sees plenty of play all across the board, and in OWL. symm, torb, and hanzo are in various stages of being worked on, dva and zen just received small nerfs, mei and reaper have buffs going live on the 10th. honestly what more do you want from the balance team.

he posts no h8 because genji mains are nuts.

12 Likes

Dev’s fix obviously broken hitbox animation

Genji mains whine WHY IS HE GETTING NERFED INTO THE GROUND???

36 Likes

I want MORE genji nerfs this isn’t enough lol

22 Likes

They are changing the hitbox of it. That’s a nerf.

3 Likes

The official dev post says “updating”. That’s not changing it or making it worse. It’s visual FX updates.

6 Likes

You do not know what the changes are yet. It is quite possible that they change the Hit box in a way that creates more consistency for both the Genji player AND the person it is used against.

Just because they are changing something does not mean that change will make it worse. Changes can be made to positively effect for both sides.

6 Likes

so you’re one of THOSE people. balance ≠ fun. balance ≠ fine.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t call the “fix deflect’s hitbox” a nerf honestly.

7 Likes

If the hitbox becomes smaller, which I"m 99% sure it will, that is objectively a nerf.

I don’t know why so many people are grasping at straws about that.

5 Likes

Beta-Symm then Launch-Symm, then 2-Ult-Symm.

Apparently Beta-Symm was what an utility support should have behaved like but she was reworked for whatever reason.

So they’re counting the Beta rework to launch

1 Like

Nope, it won’t. Blizzard has already said multiple times that they think Genji is fine. They won’t change his power level or his deflect damage potential. They will just give people what they asked for, a matching hitbox. Since that was the thing that was being used to badmouth Kaplan for that response about not shooting him.

Meaning, very likely they will just match the animation and maybe tweak the hitbox and make it more curved so that it’s easier to make a matching animation, which will actually give him even more protection, especially from the sides.

And that’s awesome. That’s going to be them showing a big finger to everyone who wanted him stealth nerfed through hitbox complaints.

3 Likes

Making the hitbox smaller makes it catch less weapon fire, thus reducing its effectiveness a little (depending on how much it gets changed). What do we call a reduction of effectiveness? A nerf. It’s very well-deserved, but still a “nerf” by definition.

It’s also not technically a “bug” or coding problem. The hitbox’s large size was a deliberate design choice by Blizzard (arguably a bad choice).

5 Likes

I’m willing to take that bet. I don’t think Genji needs a nerf at all, but I’m positive Blizzard is going to cave in; they wouldn’t be tweaking the hitbox at all if they didn’t think that there was an issue with it.

1 Like