To all Genji Deflect hitbox defenders

Why do you still defend it?

3 Likes

i’m not on either side but you can use junkrat’s mine or mccree’s flashbang above his head and still take him out or do damage to him

3 Likes

Because they don’t want somthing similar to the mercy nerf. Where an ability is “ruined” and they simply turn their backs on it.

People just overreact.

Edit: I’m not on either side either, but that’s what I think.

2 Likes

Largely because it’s not imbalanced. It’s just unfair due to the misleadingness of the VFX.

I don’t want to see it nerfed, I want to see it fixed.

5 Likes

that’s exactly what Jeff said that they will do…

1 Like

He didn’t really clarify what they were doing. He just said they were changing it.

1 Like

simillar to the Mercy nerf?

it’s a fix to the animation

Im not defending him. I am teaching the people who is still bashing Genji on the wall even though the devs are working on it. Its that they are keep saying “Oh the Devs love Genji and slide a secret buff for Genji that is undocumented”.

They don’t get how a server works and how ping and lag plays a very important role in it. And all I am doing is telling them teaching them so they can stop trying to use the “Jeffs pet” card on Genji.

1 Like

AND hitbox. It might be a nerf.

1 Like

Though it IS imbalanced due to the VFX being smaller than the actual hitbox

Also because apparently lots of Genjis cannot play without having a oversized “I-win” ability as a crutch (seriously, it’s about time the hitbox gets toned down. Why was it allowed for 2 years to go through walls???)

2 Likes

Hitbox is fine the bugs aren’t

Projectiles going through deflect not fine
Deflect in the back not fine
Animation that don’t show the real hitbox not fine

1 Like

Those are bugs and poor design decisions, not balance issues.

Ana’s healing shots and Moira’s healing beam have giant hitboxes. Brigitte’s shield bash has a huge hitbox. Most projectiles have huge hitboxes.

It’s a game for casuals, but it’s intentional.

1 Like

Thing is though the actual visual doesn’t refect the size of the hitbox. I’ve had situations where it’s CLEARLY been above their head but somehow still deflected.

It’s a poorly designed ability that gives Genji way more power than he deserves. It’s a crutch that needs to be toned down to reasonable levels, and them finally nerfing the hitbox and animation is EXACTLY what needed to be done here.

This is probably one of the first things Blizzard has done correctly in the name of balancing the game. If they start doing this type of rebalancing, we might actually soon have a balanced game !

I never see anyone defending the Genji deflect hitbox. Seems like you people are just trying to create a villain to argue against.

1 Like