The Genji Main Argument!

Because anti-flanker abilities like Shield Bash need to have large hitboxes otherwise they’re useless against flankers

The only other solution is to nerf mobility in general, but since no one seems to want that- you get big CC hitboxes that punish everyone

1 Like

its mostly for the 2 years genji had his hitbox and the few weeks brig had hers.

You are the reason why I made a thread like this, and mind quoting where I said the word nerf?

I’ve just shown how it is.

@Katattack Maybe Blizzard SHOULD LEARN from their mistakes?

@CQKumber Does it have to be as huge as it is?..Mind checking the video?

1 Like

That’s false imho. Rocket punch old hotbox was pretty much a guaranteed hit if you knew how to aim.
Shield bash hotbox is bigger.

There is a problems somewhere.

I am not saying they shouldn’t. i am just saying that there has been video evidence of genjis messed up hitbox and blizzard ignored it for months. people are just mad about it so they get heated when talking about brigs.

Shots fired, Shots fired.

Yes, agreed, but why would they make the same mistake twice/again?

i am not sure why they would.
its kind of why i am scared for a sym rework as based on the little info shown i am scared it will be another mercy rework.
they just make the same mistakes.

well, they are humans too.
And I might be the only person on the earth but I hated the hide and rez mechanic, she is currently in a better state than she was ever before in terms of balance, and effectiveness, Mercy mains don’t kill me please.

Because they’re very different abilities with very different functions

Shield Bash is like Flashbang in that it doesn’t displace anyone, just stuns them. But unlike Flashbang, Shield Bash isn’t a guaranteed kill 8 times outta 10 (unless you’re Tracer, in which case you deserve it for being so close to your hardest counter)

Shield Bash also has more than half the range that Rocket Punch does, it doesn’t send people flying off cliffs and into walls, and it’s certainly not a oneshot ability (unless you’re Tracer, in which case see above comment)

first of all there is still a 25% chance that flash won’t work it’s just buggy af.
Brigitte might not kill in 8/10 scenarios but it sure is 3 - 4 out of 10 which with half the cooldown grants a total equal if not better than McCree. And don’t forget about your team lad. They too can help kill the target, same with cree.

No they are useless against flankers for bad players. A big difference.
“Widow should have a Mei sized shot or she’s just not good for clicking heads”

No hero should let a bad player counter harder heroes played by better players.
A hitboxs nerf would mean you actually need some microscopic amount of skill to land it on them.
Just because it’s suppose to be used to counter flankers, doesn’t mean it should be so stupidly broken and low skill that a monkey could pull it off.

3 Likes

Genji’s hitbox is getting fixed though

1 Like

Then I don’t see why your team can’t help you kill the Brigitte that apparently keeps stunning you into oblivion uncontested, since you surely aren’t running around flanking on your own

A thread defending genji ?

this is nonsense… even if the hitbox was pixel perfect to the shield it would still be the largest CC hitbox in the game by a significant margin. you would only have to be facing them to hit it but at least they’d have to be on your screen.

or, you know, cripple effects that are meant specifically to punish mobility while having little to no effect on immobile heroes. but nah, let’s screw over reinhardt instead.

1 Like

Again, Widow’s hitboxes are the way they are because she has the potential to oneshot the majority of the cast while they’re still at full health

Brigitte has that ability against a single character on the roster

Also, (even though I’m sure you’ve heard and subsequently dismissed this perfectly viable and undeniably true argument many times before) Overwatch isn’t CS:GO, it isn’t CoD. Some characters are hard, some characters are easy, and in some cases the easy characters get more value than the harder ones. This is 100% by design, and unfortunately will never stop being a thing no matter how many threads get made

2 Likes

She’s better in viability however is less fun and sure as hell wasn’t worth the multiple seasons of suffering.

That’s just how these forums are. If you main someone they don’t like then your opinions are worthless and you’re biased scum.

It sucks but there’s not much you can do about it other than try to ignore it (or just stop posting entirely).

2 Likes

1.1k posts on this forum, man I sure will take your word on that. (no sarcasm, don’t take me wrong :slight_smile: )

and to everyone still defending Brigitte:
have you even checked the video I’ve posted?

Or at least the response from Jeff Kaplan himself on the Genji Rework?