Stop defending Shield Bash (VIDEO EVIDENCE)

the hit box doesn’t bother me as much as the cooldown. The hit box is pretty consistent with other hit boxes that aren’t rocket punch which is a one shot. But 5 second cooldown feels like a bit much.

2 Likes

It does feel like it’s almost always up when you play her. I use it a lot as a closer to get within flail range quicker than they expect though, so it’s kinda her mobility skill as well?
I don’t think it’d destroy her to give it 1 or 1 1/2 seconds more cooldown. Less spammy and more tactical at that point. I’d really like for them to do more “what if” iterations in the test servers so we could just try weird builds. custom games is great and all but it only matters if a lot of people join.

Understandably. but genji’s animation is getting larger, not the hitbox getting smaller.

What should happen with Brigitte is the shield bash hitbox should match just a little outside of the shield. It shouldn’t be what it is now, but it also shouldn’t be as small as something like a symmetra orb with no charge.

that is my issue with her. It’s always up. So even if you bait it, dodge it, or just survive the stun she is going to do it again and you will probably have nothing for it. This would be fine if you could burst her down between cooldown but you can’t really do that :man_shrugging:t6:

4 Likes

Alternatively maybe she needs more of a punishment for shield “breaking”. Right now I don’t even notice when I let it break.

it literally says they will be also working on the hitbox, why are you that determined to defend it?

edit: whops, i keep forgetting this aint the old forum, sry.

so yeah, i’m also half-half on this, on one hand, it’s idiotically huge…on the other hand, we all know how Doomfist ended up :confused:

2 Likes

oh man, it’s bigger than I thought lol

One strong ability does not make the hero, else Sombra would have always been meta.

Brigitte’s combo is strong and the stunbox is kinda silly, but her weaknesses are so glaring that the argument that it being incredibly reliable through a dumb hitbox is justified.

4 Likes

You mean actually use the PTR to test stuff?

Yeah, lets make another character with a skill wich need to be pixel perfect, it worked wonders on doomfist.
Meanwhile, genji needs a truck hitbox because otherwise he would be ‘‘useless’’

1 Like

If you can tell me more than 5 reliable 100% counters to her that aren’t counterpicked by easy heroes, then I’ll agree.

Otherwise, her only weaknesses are Pharah and Junkrat. And pharah is countered by Soldier, Widow, and Dva, which are all 3 easily placed by other members on a team.

There’s no reliable counter to Brigitte that works 100% of the time. Like with someone like reaper, tracer, and genji, their counters are any form of CC. Brigitte’s situational counter is… range?? It’s not really a counter when you need to be close to do anything in this game.

Oh yea, there’s no denying that the hitbox is completely broken, and I wouldn’t really mind the CD getting increased by a few seconds (let’s be honest, making it 6 or 7 seconds won’t change much).

I just don’t like when people say she needs more than that, like claiming that it shouldn’t go through barriers like any other dash, bash, and melee thrash. There’s a certain point where you pass reasonable and just hit salty.

1 Like

Man, maybe you should read other comments besides the first 3 or 4 and you’d get a better understanding of what is happening here.

I don’t have a problem with her large hitbox, it’s supposed to counter mobility, and a large hitbox makes it hard to just dodge.

They should update the visual effects to make it more clear the range of it though. It doesn’t seem too big to me given what’s its supposed to do and its range.

1 Like

Orisa rein widow hanzo junkrat pharah soldier Zen zarya (moira if she spams damage orb) McCree winston basically anyone who can outrange her

3 Likes

I had a terrible idea I posted as a topic before.

Since Brigitte is the only hero currently who weaponizes her shield, make it so when she lands a Shield Bash, her shield takes damage.

Originally, I suggested the terrible idea of making Brigitte’s shield take damage equivalent of the target’s current HP if she lands a shield bash. And to make it so if the target’s current HP exceeds the shield’s HP, that the shield would break and the Stun effect won’t proc. But that may be going overboard.

But the idea of making her shield take damage would also force her to not keep it up all the time to allow it to regenerate so she can have enough HP in her shield to successfully stun/bash an enemy with it.

1 Like

Name one hero that fits in this situation.
go on, i’ll wait.

I’d love to point out how you mentioned no support. Also, Rein and Zarya aren’t counters to Brigitte.

What situation?

None of the things you named are reliable against Tracer. That’s why she’s been dominant for so long and Brigitte needed to be created in the first place,

5 Likes

‘‘If you can tell me more than 5 reliable 100% counters to her that aren’t counterpicked by easy heroes, then I’ll agree.’’

sigh

4 Likes