A challenge for Mercy mains

Just a bit of heads up because Im not sure if it may or may not happen, but if you could put in a disclaimer that any form of toxicity needs to be left out of this thread and posters who do would have to kindly leave.

Because, well. Things can get pretty heated when it comes to Mercy.

Sure.

I’ve got three ideas of my own that you’ve seen quite a few times I think, might add them later since I’d like to present them in a more concise manner

Well, I’d suggest making a separate thread.

Better way to grab attention.

Please remove one or more of the following

Remove the increased beam range - it promotes a passive play style a mile away where coupled with the flight and self regen one is basically able to put themselves in to such save positions that the act of countering Mercy becomes almost impossible. Force her back into the engagement again and require her to think how to survive again.

Remove the chain beam on Valkryie - it lets one turn one’s brain off both towards decision making for 15 seconds, Mercy is supposed to be easy mechanically, this makes her too damn easy strategically currently.

Reduce the 15 second duration - its so long as it has to be long, its barely an ultimate, its the weakest ultimate in the game, honestly it feels like they had to make it 15 seconds as otherwise it would be the worst ultimate in the game by a wide margin.

In return buff her in other ways to compensate, but just please remove the auto pilot long/chain beam, self regen, flight components of her kit, they stack up so high that Mercy isn’t no longer mechanically demanding, she doesn’t even play the game for 15 seconds it feels like as very little choices need to be made.

1 Like

You got your character back, stop obsessing with other heroes which you don’t play.

Lmao. They were sledgehammer nerfs and a partial revert because they realized they royally eff’d up but they’ll never admit it.

1 Like

Not in literally any way. Mass res was balancable and they shouldve kept it in. But since you asked so nicely here is my take at it:

Ult- Heroes Never Die (dont judge the name please)
-15 m radius (like the old res)
-instant cast
-makes players in the 15 meters radius invulnerable for 3 seconds and heals 20% of the target’s missing hp over the course of these 3 seconds.
-requires line of sight
-cost: 2050 pts (like Valk)

E- Resurrect:
-it becomes like an “off-ultimate”. It has a meter, filled like the old torb armor meter, but by doing healing/dmg boosting/pistolling. The cost for a single res is around 1600 pts (30 seconds nonstop healing). There is room for just 2 resurrects BUT the ability has 10 seconds cooldown between uses (meaning you cannot just res someone and immediately start ressing someone else)
-has all the limitatios the current one has (5m range, LoS, cast time etc etc)

Caduceus staff:
-Healing rate increased to 60 hp/s from 50 hp/s
-Dmg boost now has a resource meter like defence matrix. You can use dmg boost for 8 seconds, and it will refill by itself. Healing will speed up the process.

Caduceus blaster:
-nothing changes

Guardian angel:
-Cooldown increased from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.

You know, numbers are to be changed, but thats what sounded good on paper.

Old Roadhog was balanced. The devs even admitted it. But the devs didn’t like the overall gameplay of having a character with those capabilities.

New Roadhog is going back to a similar playstyle, but it’s a lot more moderate in his firepower. Also a lot more counters exist nowadays.

I would look into trying to find a way to recreate similar types of experiences as old Mercy, while maybe being weaker in power, and moving a bit of values to other parts of her equipment.

1 Like

A lot new counters for mass res have appeared since it has been gone. While I do agree the mass res with i-frames was kinda OP, I think with a bit of tweaking + a new ability she may be fun and balanced.

The idea I gave you is my original idea for a mercy 3.0.
However I suggest reverting her to season 3 and adding BHop + some E ability to maybe give her a short range AoE burst heal on a mediocre CD (like holy nova in WoW, but just the ability, not its CD, it would be broken for her to spam it every 0.2 sec :D)

Well to be honest I don’t think the devs are going to do granted invulnerability, (or as other ideas have mentioned cc immunity).

Damage Resistance or speed boost might be a hard sell.

Mostly I would think about how something like that would impact something like a GenjiBlade.

Can you name them?

Can you explain why?

why cant we have other ideas than mass rez? why cant we have a place to discuss them? Why to you have to come here and not offer any ideas and just make a snarky comment that no one asked for?
You are doing exactly what you are telling OP not to do.
Mass Rez is such a universally know and discussed thing that if we want a topic discussing mercy changes we have to explicitly omit it from the conversion or else it takes over.

Changes I want to see in Mercy are in line with what the last buff started in my eyes.

Valk
I would like to see a mercy that can use her ult to clutch heal. 60 hps is good over the 50 base hps, but I would like to see a bigger jump in healing output. Maybe make healing single target with a higher hps, but keeping damage boost on chain. Damage boost is fine where its at and doesn’t really need to change at all, especially Valk damage boost as it is really good to initiate team fights.

Rez
I fine with rez on E, in fact I like it. I was never around for the Mass Rez days so I don’t have any personal connection to it. I use to really like the idea until I realize that I only did cause it was so pushed by almost every other mercy main. After I realized that and started coming up with my own views and ideas on rez I realized that I liked it on E and I loved Valk as her ult. Whether or not you do is none of my concern cause this is just my view on it
Anyway I just think rez needs a shorter cast time and a higher movement speed, one that risks a mercy moving out of the rez radius but allows her more control of herself. Image if it was harder (even a little bit) to get rez off, not because you are so easy to take out cause you move like a flipped turtle, but because incorrect movement will flip you out of rez radius and cancel it. This would be balance out by the slightly (very slightly) shorter cast time (1 or 1.25 seconds verse 1.75)

Healing
I will admit, 50 hps might be a bit to little sometimes. But I would be fine with it if we had a greater healing boost in Valk or other things to make up for it.

Guardian Angel
GA is literally the main reason I play mercy.
Screw Rez. Screw healing output. Screw Valk. GA is my favorite ability in the entire game. I love this thing.
But I think blizzard can do more with it. GA is where mercy’s greatest skills are IMO. Good GA movement and things like super jump, bunny hop, etc. are one of the main ways to tell a bad, good, and great mercy apart. This ability needs to be embraced and played around with even more. Make Mercy’s movement as complicated as Hammond’s. Make it a low skill floor and extremely high skill ceiling. Add more tiny things that give mercy more tools to keep herself alive and have more impact on the matches she’s in as a result.
Honestly Blizzard could throw mercy into the ground and rub her in the dirt but as long as GA is still fun I will play her.

1 Like

imo they should get rid of rez and make mercy super mobile, she can make mobility choices onher own and doesnt depend on the team, give her a healing burst (a beautiful animation with her wings), keep valk but modify it a bit so mercy can give extra portion of heal to a single target, when valk starts all CC, hacks, freeze, discord gets removed once mercys beam is connected to the teammates.

1 Like

You mean they have not for more than a year? :scream:

Oh wait, they just never answered to any of the feedback they pigeonholed into the mercy megathread. Like they did with Dva back in january 2017. Then they realised (like we did) that dva was too weak and buffed her into DM bot.

1 Like

Most of the new counters are area denial or aoe damage ultimates,

Examples:
Hammond’s’ Minefield
Torbjorn’s Molten Core

There are other counters that already existed that were also primarily aoe cc, aoe damage or area denial abilities.

Examples:
Grav
Dead Eye
Earth Shatter
Rip-tire
Self-Destruct
Death Blossom (sorta but it’s kinda sh*t)
Blizzard
Emp (Debatable)

I think that most people though, don’t consider them counters as they are reactive to the resurrect, and cannot actually stop the activation.

I’d say the i-frames were op because before you could always kill the Mercy right before she activated the mass rez, or after since she would be vulnerable without her team, as the teammates would be stuck in the i-frames they got from being resurrected.

With the addition of the i-frames it just meant that the Mercy could cheese and get a resurrect off without dying immediately and gave her a chance to run away before they could get killed.

This is the devs job. Yet they did nothing but the opposite for a whole year.

2 Likes

Mercy is already the most mobile support (or hero) in the entire game. I think her mobility is fine, there just needs to be more to do with it. It’s why I love all the little bugs with GA that give more options. Super jump, bunny hop, and soul dashing are all super fun and can mess with peoples heads if they aren’t paying attention (like a tracer trying to chase you down and you either start soul dashing and WONT STOP MOVING or jump two or three stories in the air and get to high ground the tracer cant touch you on.)
But TBH I wouldnt care if they got rid of rez and gave her an E that was either more mobility (like moving independent of your team mates on a longer cool down that GA) or a healing and/or damage (boost) boosting ability.

Here’s my grand idea:
Don’t change anything.

Challenge. Accepted.

ok I got tired so imma just quote your rework my rework titaniums reworks and get this over with

6 Likes

I wasn’t talking to you.